Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Sri Lanka / Goa
3 Posts
Hi
We first went to Sri Lanka in 1996 and 5 times after that, the last time was Feb 2004.
We've also been to Goa (North) 8 times since 1994, last being Feb 2008.

Obviously I can't advise you about up-to-date stuff, but we found Sri Lanka to have lots more to see excursion-wise than Goa.
There's some cultural sights (Sygiria, Polonnaruwa) and Kandy is worth a visit, see Temple of the Tooth.

We've stayed at Brown's Beach twice and found it OK, a better standard than equivalent hotels in Goa.
Take a look at Tripadvisor for recent hotel reviews, the beach rooms seem to get excellent reviews as does the hotel staff.

When we were there, there were lots of places to eat but nowhere near as many as Candolim.

We're also thinking about going back to Sri Lanka, I've asked some questions on another forum about eating out etc so if I get some responses, I'll post on here.
Thank you Prettypollycat.

We've made our decision. We've decided to go back to Goa - booked flights last night.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.