Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
St Lucia
2 Posts
Hi Tenni,

That will be a great holiday. We did the same last year, staying a week at Windjammer Landing near Rodney Bay and then Ladera in the south for a few days. We hired a car, two actually! The first was from Sunset Motors/Alto Rentacar and it was far worse than the worst bangers our son ever owned! Don't touch them with a bargepole. We then hired a good car via Windjammer Reception from Drive-A-Matic and can recommend them highly. We had the car delivered to Windjammer, drove it down south and had it picked up from Ladera. It was an easy drive and was more cost effective than paying for a taxi transfer from one end of the island to the other. We didn't do a lot of touring last year, but when we went before we drove all around and can't remember having had any problems at all (except, my husband has just reminded me, for the occasional bus which was right up his ****!). But the roads are bumpy and very windy in places, and there are lots of potholes.

Sorry can't help on public transportation as we didn't use it. You can get taxis which will take you on a round-the-island tour and this is something you could look into.

Hope this helps a bit.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.