Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hi

I haven't been to Stalis but my boyfriend and I went to Lassi and found it to be very quiet. We were the last people going out at about 9pm as most couples seemed to have young children and went out about 7pm and were heading home about 9 so we felt like we were unwanted at most restaurants as they were waiting to close. Consequently we walked to Argostoli most evenings for some night life. We are in our 30's and this was mid June and we are not into nightclubbing but just wanted a nice lively bar and some music otherwise we would have been in bed by 10.30!

Skiathos town is my recommendation. It has a road near the airport with nightclubs so they are in one place if you want to venture to them, otherwise, bars and lots of places with live music in the centre of the town down the smaller side streets.

I would say Skiathos; Fantastic Island and the only place I have been to 3 times as it has everything. Not sure if someone can comment on Stalis as I went to Rethymnon on the other side of the island.
I have been to Cephalonia and found it to be very quiet, what I love about Skiathos is it has something for everyone.

Next week I will be back there for trip number 12, I think I may grow to like the place in time :wink:
Stalis or even Hersonissos on Crete wold have less likelihood of rain in September. We found Skiathos a lot dearer than Crete. Beaches to die for on Skiathos and the main town very lively at night. Stalis has a nice beach and plenty of Tavernas with food to die for. Hersonissos has plenty of the same but a lot more shopping facilities.

We'd go back to Crete but not Skiathos. (Nissi Beach as well)

:) :)
agree with others about lassi very quiet. never been to skiathos. but loved stalis and if it isnt lively enough you can always walk or get a taxi into malia we only went to malia 1 night out of our fortnight but it was a bit too mad and we were in our late 20's then.
Thanks, stalis looks like the best one for us.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.