Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Stoupa
31 Posts
You should be able to find information on all things concerning Stoupa on here:

http://zorbas.de/scripts/phpBB3/index.php?sid=ea76d2bebc8cbaeb1fcd2a00fcafd807
No Captains bar for you again this year Pargaluvva :cry
Hi there K-G. No Parga this year :( ( unfortunately). We did look at the prices for Parga and Lefkas but got a good deal for Stoupa. I had a week in Stoupa about 5 years ago and loved it (pre-Parga) and have always wanted to return. Recommended both places to my friend at work; he has visited Parga 3 times and is going to Stoupa for the second time this year. He loves Parga but prefers Stoupa. I will pass judgement on my return :D .
Thanks for the link Maria. Any info on Stoupa would be very welcome. Is is ok for teenagers?
We have been to Stoupa and loved it, it is very quiet though, lovely beach, handful of bars, Supermarket, few shops,
Hi bejay. Holidayed inStoupa about 5 years ago but our son had a friend with him. Just me, hubby and son will be holidaying this time so hoping there will be some kids there otherwise we are in for a 'rough' week :rofl
Stoupa is a lovely place but not many children. It is a very quiet resort which is why people go there (and all the better for it). The restaurants serve great food but there aren't really lively bars. Its booked now so don't worry, you'll have a great time anyway, its a holiday!!
Hi there chrisp. I'm sure we will have a good time but beginning to wish I had booked Kos (think Kos town might have been OK for our son). BTW Direct Greece have reduced their price since we booked :cry. Maybe should have held out for a late deal :think .
Hi Pargaluvva

went to Stoupa a few years ago, back end of season. It's not full of old fogies! there were some kids and as kids will be kids I'm sure your son will find someone to be friendly with. You should enjoy it and hope he does too. :gluck
:thanks Greekofile. I'm sure we will have a good time and there will be some kids there.
Hi all, me again :D . Trying to find a map of Stoupa that shows all accommodation. Does anyone know where I can get one please? Trying to find out distance between Marcos Studios and Angelika Studios. Thanks in advance.
There's a link to a downloadable ineractive map of Stoupa on here, towards the bottom of this page:

http://www.zorbas.de/english/internet.php

Someone on the forums on this site may also be able to give you first hand information.
Hi
We went on a family holiday a few years ago now to Stoupa and loved it. my daughter was around your sons age and she made a few friends. The good thing about Stoupa is its pedestronised so its safe for kids in the evenings and is one of those places you see kids having fun and the locals and their families having a stroll up and down. You could definatly let them loose safely. I will definatly go back one day its lovely, food great too.
Hi there crockergirl. Holidayed in Stoupa about 5 years ago and really enjoyed it. My son had a friend with him so they had a good time but just a bit concerned because he will be on his own this year. Hopefully, there will be some kids his age in our accommodation. :cheers
Oh I see what you mean
Where are you staying do you have a pool? that usually means there will be families
staying and he's bound to pal up with someone. Funnily enough a couple of the kids my daughter made friends with were from the beach and she always seemed to bump into them as its so compact there as you know>
Good luck
Mel
Hi Mel. We are staying at the Marcos Studios and Apartments (which are on the Kalogria side I think). Can't find a review anywhere so fingers crossed :cheers . Gx
any members able to offer a recent review?? olease post here

wizard
Hi all. Thanks for your comments. I have posted a couple of questions on Zorbas website but no response :sad . I promise, on my return, I will write a review on my accommodation and Stoupa. Gx
Hi all. Got back from Stoupa last night. Had a good time but I think this resort is more suitable for the over 55's (who enjoy walking or cycling) or familes with young children. Our son, who is 13, was bored rigid. He never met another teenager in 7 days. Luckily (I think) we found a couple of bars with internet access (charging between 2.50 and 4.00 euros per hour). Food was good, didn't have a bad meal all week.You had to drive back to Kalamata (which takes at least an hour) to start your journey to any places of interest, so we didn't hire a car to see any local history/attractions such as Olympia, Sparta, etc. If you just want to chill on the beach, have a few beers and some decent food, no exploring, this is the place for you. BTW Stoupa does seem to have a predominantly British clientle (not sure whether this is a good or bad thing :D (.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.