Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
street food
8 Posts
to be honest I've never tried street food in Bangkok. I can't say we were anywhere where I would have been tempted. And I have tried street food elsewhere. There are so many good local restaurants to try :D
The most popular street food I saw with the locals was in Patpong- they all flocked to the deep fried bugs stand!
Most of the street food that I can recall are the bugs. We enjoyed the stalls at the night bazaar which I think is worth a visit.
Try the fruit pancakes....delicious..
Yes the pancakes...delish. And little bowls of noodle soups with meat balls (sorry don't know the Thai name). And the satay. Not tried any particular area just theres always stands near to office complexes at lunch time so have grabbed a bite from them. Never been tempted by the chicken feet though.
The food stalls are all over you do not have to look hard to find them, turns my stomach to hear my wife crunching a meal of small crab's bought from a stall and eating it in our hotel room.
thanks for all your input, i am getting really excited now 4 days to go ! :D
Sorry I meant stalls were on the pavements beside the roads, the powers were trying to stop it last year, but this is Thailand, they carry on as before.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.