Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
taxi from the airport to candolim/calangute/baga.

chill out with a beer/coffee , grab a local taxi and ask him to take you round,

youll find somewhere without a doubt.
thanks paxrax
ive been 7 times before and necer known it to be this hard to find somewhere,,evgen the place i stayed at last year want 50 quid a night just for the room in baga,there is nothing anywhere on the net....
luckiy i have the 1st 5 days sorted but i need to find the next 8 nights,,,
we have used the same driver for the last few years, hes as genuine and well mannered as they come and has always said that if we need somewhere to stay he will find us somewhere without extortionate prices easily.

if you want me to i can ask him if its ok and pm you his number.

i need to text him anyway to pick us up from the airport.

he lives opposite souymens kitchen in candolim so knows the area.

your call buddy, im sure he would pick you up from the airport and find you somewhere in the right price range.

h.
thanks paxman,
just found an old number for someone at a shack i use,they have quoted me 2500 per night until the 2nd jan then 1000..
on the beach up in baga,,
i may take you up on your offer
really would off liked to stay up towards baga calangute way
no worries at all, just give me a shout if you need it ;)

im sure youll be fine when you get there anyway!
Hope you get sorted Robbie I dont think I could do a christmas day with out your tx off the beach to wind(sp) me up telling me how hot it is and how nice the beer is :cheers :rofl colleen
ic
you know its gonna happen and you will get the yearly xmas day text :rofl
Robbie, you could try Caps Corner next to the Eclipse bar on the Baga/Calangute road.
thanks bindoobaba
you must of read my mind.i was trying to think of the name of this place earlier today
all i have to do now is get there :rofl
heathrow not looking too clever
robbie wrote:

ive been 7 times before and necer known it to be this hard to find somewhere,,evgen the place i stayed at last year want 50 quid a night just for the room in baga,there is nothing anywhere on the net....
luckiy i have the 1st 5 days sorted but i need to find the next 8 nights,,,

If you have been seven times before and are sorted for the 1st 5 days why are you worried? if it was me in those circumstances I would leave it till I got there, your certain to get fixed up.
lets hope so silentman
but with the fact that probably 10,000 extra people desend in goa for xmas and sunburn festival from the cities this year seems to be extra tough and that they can charge what they want for a room,
yes i prob will get something hopefully at a half decent price but it seems to be extra busy this time round as there is nothing on any of the hotel sites,
thanks for your reply
Robbie

I would think that by the 4th many of the locals will have gone and it should be ok to find somewhere thats my experience of that period, we arrive on the 6th Jan but we are in the south, anyway good luck and have a great time :)
hi silentman
yes i agree they will be gone by the 4th and so will i ,i am meant to leave tomorrow night
but anyway i should get somewhere even if i have to pay the extra
Hi robbie,
We were out with brenliz on Saturday and we were just asking if you were coming out and then we saw your message the next day!!
There does seem to be quite a few signs up for rooms to rent at the moment..no rates up though!!!!
I asked in our guest house but it is fully booked.....

Hope you have a safe journey and see you at wednesdays meet!
hi trina
thanks for the mail...
unfortunatly my flight for tonight has been cancelled---gutted...
jet airways they said i could not get on a flight until 03 jan,,,no good..
even though they had 2 extra flights come in and leave today???
checked for other airlines and they wanted 1900+......
i have booked a mon flight for thurs from gatwick but its only for 7 days but i suppose its better than staying here so if your still there maybe next weds meet
i am fuming
13 day hol now7 days boohoo :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.