Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
SUBWAY
31 Posts
Although I haven't personally eaten at Subway either here or in Goa, I understand that they do not use the some sort of processed foods that McDs do, so perhaps they are a healthier option any way. I'm replying without full knowledge, so will stand corrected if it is revealed they are no better.

If this is the case, that the food supplied by Subway is a healthier option then I should say that they are more acceptable. However I do think it is a shame that wherever you go in the world you are faced with the same outlets, much better in my opinion for things to be more local - and the same goes for the UK.
hi miccie
yep i think your probably correct about the healthier eating issue.
my concern is though, the speed at which the subway outlets have spread in the UK.
these are all franchise outlets and if they use the same system in goa, there may well be a flood of SUBWAY'S there too.
then we will probably see lots of litter outside their shops, just like there are in the UK.
BOB
I think that the Subway has been there for a couple of years now, and yes it will probably contribute to the litter, but that is always an issue in India, they do tend to drop everything wherever, I'm always surprised at the amount of rubbish lying about in the ditches and things.
I have used Subway the last couple of holidays. We usually have quite an early flight,so we go to Subway late the previous night and have our purchase double wrapped,so it is still fresh(ish) for breakfast at the airport. Have seen a few others do this as well.Paula
What a good idea milliemeg - I'm never organised enough to get some food to take the airport - and the food there isn't up to much and so expensive - shall have to remember this for my next visit
W bought baguettes at Sweet Art in Candolim to take to the airport when we were there in April, much cheaper and much nicer.

Debs
:love2. Debnpete we adore that shop her food is YUMMY cakes are to die for i put a bit of weight on in march every day we paid a visit to that shop could'nt resist it looking forward to nov. :tup
Debnpete/sleep-r-us
Where abouts is Sweet Art :?:
Sweet Art is down the road that runs between the Bom Sucesso and the Casa Seashell, it is opposite the Xavier Beach Resort and the Casablanca is just below it. Have to agree with sleeps their cakes are to die for.

Debs
We to have bought something the night before when we were getting picked up at silly o'clock in the morning for our flight home.It's one way your guarranteed something edible to eat when your at the airport... Keith
Cafe Day are also a franchise there is one on the Baga Road but a new one has opened in Calangute high street their food is delicious and very reasonable also cakes, croissants (chicken ones are delicious) and the iced coffee is to die for. Eat your heart out Starbucks, it is so clean and inside has A/C which is nice. Royal food have now moved to near Focus World, they have turned the old place into an addition to the hotel that was behind it. The Neelim has a huge new extension to their hotel as well.
It's certainly all change in Calangute now. As long as I can keep track of my bread, cakes and icecream I'm happy. :wave Can't wait now to go leave on 2oth Sept for 7 months. I'll get fat and OH will probably have to join AA as he does love his honeybee and kingfisher. :D
you minght think twice about eating from fast food resturants after reading this
http://oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=608&cid=26
Ohhhhhhh nasty, thanks Andy Taz (I think) will keep well away but I reckon you are secret agent with the diet police trying to keep me thin. Oh well it was a nice dream while it lasted.
I was in Subway on the Baga Road in April this year. IT WAS VILE! IMO Food was cold, put it in a microwave to heat and still came out cold :shock: :lol: Not my cup of tea thanks!
Not my cup of tea thanks!

:shock: Gemma, you drink tea as well :shock: I'm impressed :lol:
Tony's at it again :no :lol: Now don't rise to it Gemma :rofl

Tony behave :lol:
:zip Yes I have no idea what Tony is talking about, only tea and soft drinks I drink anyway :omg :glynis :rofl
Subway may sell itself as being more healthy but all fast food outlets coffee chains etc are a blight on Goa and any other local economy.Guess where 99% of them originate from.Yes the good old U.S.A. a country not exactly known for a healthy population.

McDonalds,Burger king etc etc are slowly killing us all with the rubbish they produce.Monolithic U.S corporations spreading their tentacles across the world makes my blood boil.

Anyway gotta go I am dying for a burger. :D :D :D
After that Papa, think i'll join you :lol: :lol: :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.