General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Tunisia, Bulgaria ? Never been to either but if I was trying to get something short haul and cheap that is where I would start.
the costa brava could be your answer.
4* hotel AI plus flights from london on 16 sep can be had for under £500 with travel republic
doe wrote:
Tunisia, Bulgaria ? Never been to either but if I was trying to get something short haul and cheap that is where I would start.

Sorry should have put flying from Scotland. :-(

No flights to Tunisia, not sure about Bulgaria will have a look thanks.

Preferably want somewhere quiet.
Hi, just had a look on the Thomas cook website and they have some offers flying from Glasgow that week, 4 star in bodrun under £500, lanzarote around £600 worth having a look?
Sparkycat wrote:
Hi, just had a look on the Thomas cook website and they have some offers flying from Glasgow that week, 4 star in bodrun under £500, lanzarote around £600 worth having a look?

I've cleared my cookies but I'm not coming up with anything under £500?
Hi, just tried to find it for you and it has gone, there is another one in turkey in beldibi for 512 pounds AI 4 star from Glasgow flying on 14 September.
Sparkycat wrote:
Hi, just tried to find it for you and it has gone, there is another one in turkey in beldibi for 512 pounds AI 4 star from Glasgow flying on 14 September.

Thank you for looking. I presume denny.53 that Beldibi is a bit over crowded and such like then?
No - its dead apart from 1000's of russians! Shops don't even accept £ Euros or Lira - only Dollars!
Can you get to Morocco from Glasgow ? Another place that I haven't been but just trying to think of traditionally cheapish destinations for you.

I think decent AI 's in Turkey ie the five stars into Antalya are pretty expensive unfortunately :(

Doe
doe wrote:
Can you get to Morocco from Glasgow ? Another place that I haven't been but just trying to think of traditionally cheapish destinations for you.

I think decent AI 's in Turkey ie the five stars into Antalya are pretty expensive unfortunately :(

Doe

We found a deal at Club Turban near Marmaris at around £650 but on other forums they felt that was overpriced...

I think we can get to Morocco from Glasgow will check that out thanks.
Highlandness wrote:
doe wrote:

Sorry should have put flying from Scotland. :-(

No flights to Tunisia, not sure about Bulgaria will have a look thanks.

Preferably want somewhere quiet.

You can fly to Bulgaria from Edinburgh or Glasgow, Bulgaria is so cheap its unreal and its a great place to go, we have been there this year already and were there twice last year, its fantastic value but only go SC or BB :).
You can book through Balkan Holidays
http://www.balkanholidays.co.uk
Going with Balkan you get 20kg luggage
Thank you for all your suggestions.

We decided to postpone until the first week of October but that didn't help either. We found one Crete deal half board but it went as soon as we tried to book it and then we found another two possiblities but again by the time we got the check out screen the flights had gone (one I think was never available in the first place)

Now there is hardly any flights left for that first week in October, they're all full so not sure what we're going to do now..The second week in October is really pushing the budget as the school holidays are starting...

I tried Balkan travel but it just came up as no flights available... :(
Marmaris park in icemeler is 571 on 1st oct with Thomas cook from Glasgow, lanzarote slightly cheaper
I think the further into October you go you might get better weather in the Canaries than in Turkey, canaries seem to be an all your round destination whereas marmaris has a season that comes to an end during october. Depends on how important weather is to you I guess.
Thank you Sparklycat and Doe...

I didn't get chance to post my reply before the forum went down.

We have found somewhere near Antalya at a reasonable price thank goodness. Just got to sort the transfers out and then it'll be booked. ;)

Thank you all for your help, it really is appreciated :tup
Brilliant glad you got something booked :tup have a great time. I am looking as well.
doe wrote:
Brilliant glad you got something booked :tup have a great time. I am looking as well.

Thanks. For last minute or next year?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.