Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
What sorts of things do you like, will it be a week by the pool/sea or out and about a bit. Is there anywhere you have been before that you liked (for comparison) and what sort of budget will you have. Do you prefer AI/HB/SC?
Hi, what accomodation are you looking for? s/c h/b etc. I'm in my mid 50's and go with my daughter who is 30, we prefer to go sc as there are so many places to eat at reasonable prices and you can suit yourself what times you eat and you are not restricted to be at your accomodation at meal times. There are plenty of cafe/bars/restuarants with decent music (not heavy stuff) especially on the bolovard in maspalomas beach. Maspalomas/Melonares is ideal as it is a nice area and the nightlife if you want it is only a short taxi ride away.
Neil: I would like a week by the beach/pool but my mum is not a fan of sunbathing and prefers to go out and about so a mixture of both would be ideal. Main thing for me is good weather and good entertainment of an evening. We went to Tenerife (Los Cristianos) last year and it was great because we were a short distance away from all the bars and restaurants but not too close that we were kept awake with the noise. Also have been to Lanzarote (costa teguise) but found that to be a bit too quiet. Would prefer SC and looking to spend about £260 each, do you think we would get a reasonable hotel for that price?

Twinky: Thanks for your suggestion. As mentioned above we would go for SC as like you we prefer to eat when it suits us. Where in Maspalomas did you stay?
Hi Ann Marie, we stay in the cordial green golf or the cordial sandy golf, and have done for the last 10 years, 2 really nice complexes had a refurb june 06, low key entertainment, in a peaceful location opposite the golf course, but within a 5/8 min walk to the Faro 2 cc with bars restuarants and shops. A short 4e taxi ride will take you to the maspalomas beach and the bolovard with its array of cafe/bars/restuarants a bit more up market, where you can sit and relax and it overlooks the beach,and in the other direction to PDI. A a trip to Puerto Mogan (little venice) is a must, with a beautiful harbor setting with shops cafe's resturants etc. Can give you some good recommendations on places to eat etc.
Take a look at their web site http://www.cordialcanarias.com to see some pics, anything else just ask. Just 5 weeks Saturday until we go back as a matter of fact :D
Think Maspalomas might be a happy medium, its nice not loads to do, but is close to the night life of PDI. Otherwise Puerto Rico can offer you a little bit of everything. Boat trips, easy access to buses, a couple of nice walks and has loads of choice for SC apartments.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.