Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Not sure about the other but the California is in one of the busiest streets in Albufeira. If you want a peaceful night iwould'nt think this suitable
Hi Steve,

The Boa Vista is up high on the west side of the Old Town and it would take you about 8 minutes to walk down. It's a bit of a climb back up again, but the views are worth it! It's been having a bit of a makeover this Winter so it may have shrugged off its slightly outdated image and would certainly be worth a try.

The Estalagem do Cerro is very close to it so the same comments apply. We have stayed there and it was OK, but we also stayed at its sister hotel the Cerro da Marina which is just over the top of the hill (facing the Marina) and is really quiet. I think we preferred the latter, but it's probably about 10 minutes walk down to the Old Town. Can't remember whether it had a pool as we were only there for a couple of nights.

The Rocamar is right on the beach at the Old Town, but at the western end, and I think it would be quiet at night, particularly in June.

If you would consider an apartment rather than a hotel please have a look at our website. Windmill Hill is between the Estalagem do Cerro and the Cerro da Marina!

Hope this helps.
We stayed at the Rocamar two years ago. It's in a great location with fabulous views. Very quiet at night, all you can hear is the sea! We only really used the hotel to sleep, wash, change clothes in so can't comment on facilities like restaurant, bar etc. No pool but you don't need one with that fantastic beach on your doorstep.
I've heard that the Cerro Branco are good as well.
hi
we stayed at cerro d marina, and loved it & would defo go back. only problem was the walk back up the hill on a night. but if artes bar is still there, you can always stop off there for a night cap.
there is a pool, but its only small & there are only about 30 rooms. very quiet & an honesty bar which was very reasonable
I can't comment on how it is now, but I have twice stayed at the Vila Recife a few years ago, which is a fairly small hotel close to the centre of old Albufeira town. It was fairly basic but clean, and had a swimming pool and bar and very friendly staff.
It is 5 minutes walk from both the centre of town and the beach.
Thanks for all your replies. Very helpful.

Roseweb -the Windmill Hill apartment looks fantastic however wasn't available for the time we're travelling. If we enjoy our first taste of Portugal and Albufeira I think we'll consider it for any future trips!

We're luckily still young enough not to be too bothered about a steep hill or plenty of steps and were torn between Estalagem De Cerro and Cerro Branco however after searching the web we found a fantastic deal at Cerro Mar apartments and have booked these. They seem quite well positioned and the reviews I've found seem favourable. If anyone has stayed at this accomodation and can provide a few details it would be appreciated.

Cheers
Thanks for that link Bertie3. I'd managed to find a few photos/reviews on various sites but nothing as good as that.
Have stayed at and an recommend the Hotel la Aldeia,the Boa Vista has the same owners http://www.portugalvirtual.pt/_lodging/algarve/hotel.da.aldeia/
If anyone has stayed at this accomodation and can provide a few details it would be appreciated.

I think you'll enjoy it at Cerro Mar. Especially if you can get into the separate block (No. 2, from memory) with the indoor swimming pool (it's also the one with the killer views out over the beach - as you'll see from our photos).

If you want to read more about it, see:

*****removed****

I'd happily go back, and I don't often say that of holiday accommodation.

By the way, we also checked out the Clube Praia d'Oura while we were there. More expensive, more old-fashioned apartments - and no dishwasher, unlike Cerro Mar (I hate washing dishes while on holiday).

Happy hols!

NevD

Links removed see terms and conditions

wizard
NevD,

Glad to see you would recommend the Cerro Mar. Its always reassuring when you receive positive reviews! Thanks for the link aswell. Very interesting and informative. I'll no doubt refer to it again closer to our trip.

Cheers

Steve
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.