Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
Alfie, we have some reviews here not sure if you have read them, unfortunately they date back to 2006. If anyone has stayed here recently we would love you to post a review for us.

Sarah
Hi
We have been to the Kombo 6 times,the last visit in nov 07, when we took some irish friends with us who had never been before. We all loved it and are booked back to the Kombo in feb 2009. So much so that our friends are planning to get married out there! We have always stayed in a superior room which we have always found to be basic but clean.I think the suites are similar but with alot more room. We choose the superior because we need a fridge as we do alot of beach fishing. As you have seen from reviews you either love it or hate it out there. We did stay once at the palm grove with some friends. It was their first time out there and they hated it. But we took them to Kombo for a day and they are coming back next year to stay there too.Hopefully might see you at Kombo, we will be the ones fishing on the beach during the night!!
Thanks for your posting. As I mentioned I read a couple of bad reviews about recent stays - things about rooms being dirty and smelling of urine! Must admit was getting concerned that the place was going downhill.
However since then there have been more reviews which are really good, so I've stopped worrying!
Interesting that you go fishing - how do you cook what you catch?
One of the things we are looking forward to is the fish in the restaurants! Not long to go now!
Hi
yep I read all the reviews too, would be difficult to judge if your first time there!!
We have been going since 2001 and love it. We do our own thing, hiring jeeps and going fishing down the coast with our gambian friend Aladin and on the beach at night at the Kombo. We mostly give the fish to Aladin or get the Gecko bar to cook one for us.Think you have to have an open mind we have stayed at hotels in England and have moved rooms due to stained bedding and dirty rooms.You can get a bad room anywhere. I had told our Irish friends not to expect too much as it was a third world country and they were pleasantly surprised and told us that it was much better than they expected! don't be put off by the stories of the bumsters, they are friendly enough. We just say we have been before and do not need any help and they leave us alone or just chat.
We stayed there in Dec 2006 for New Years and it was great .We had a suite with adjoining room which was superior to the std rooms according to others who stayed in those.We loved it and I had been before in 1985 and it was great then too!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.