Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Lummi

Cant help with the release dates for the flights but can comment on making a booking for an infant..

We booked flights for the family last June to fly July 2010 when my youngest daughter was pregnant. The baby wasnt due until January. The airline let us book for an infant and we had to provide a name once the baby was born. Obviously babies dont get a seat at that age so you arent actually booking a seat.

The booking wasnt with the airlines you mention but am sure most airlines will have the same procedure.
Thanks for the reply Morh,

Thought as much, Easyjet will no doubt charge for the pleasure. Chances are the baby will be here by the time flights are released anyway but was just wondering in case.

Hopefully someone will have some idea when the flights will be available.

Cheers , Lummie :tup
For the past couple of years flight sales have started around the back end of the year, often in phases depending on airport. So there's a good chance you'll have the baby by then.

But the schedule may not be confimed for July, there is always a risk that by booking that far ahead the times could get changed to something less convenient sometime around Easter. Easyjet and Ryanair didn't use to do this, they'd wait until the New Year when they'd got confirmation from the various air traffic control authorities but they were losing business to agents selling seats (or rather promises of seats) on charters that also didn't have confirmed slots.
Cheers Steve for the reply,

As long as I get flights from the right airport for a decent price I will be happy. If times change later on then so be it. As long as they dont change the day! I will just have to keep an eye on the websites to see when their flights are released.

Thanks again. Lummie :wave:
Easyjet's Summer 2010 prices from Liverpool to Faro were released at the beginning of November 2009 if that's any guide. :que
Aye, might be a good guide Sagres. Spoke to someone in "the know" and they said beginning of November but there will a small "taster" amount before then so will need to keep an eye out.

Cheers again.

Lummie :cheers
Flights from Glasgow for those who are interested were released this morning. Booked for 5 of us (well 4 and 1 infant) at around 0830am for £532 (£586 with luggage). Well chuffed. No idea when exactly they were released but happy with the price. I think £139 each return from glasgow 1st 2 weeks in July is really good, £30 admin for the bairn though :que , roll on 2011

Lummie
Easyjet released Summer '11 flights a full five weeks earlier than last year and very nearly caught me with my pants down. It was only by chance that I noticed the release yesterday. Today I received e-mailed notification -an improvement on last year when it took them a fortnight to get in touch.
Anyway, all's well that ends well -return flights for two in August/September, including baggage and Speedy Boarding, and change from £155. ;)
Oh how I wish I'd checked this morning......have just checked now and flights for July next year for the 5 of us is £845 - as I was aiming for around the £500-£600 mark, this has seriously put our holiday plans in serious doubt. Absolute gutted! :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.