General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
The new brochures usually come out at the beginning of May, so about 2 months to wait yet :roll:
I usually book as early as possible, but I'm not sure what we're doing next summer, now that son is getting older, he'll be 18 next summer and getting ready to go off to Uni, so I don't want to make any 'family' plans that far ahead now.
Having said that, I wouldn't mind revisiting Majorca in '08. Not been since '99 when the kids were a lot younger, and I was on a tight budget back then - I'd like to go back and do it again but with a little more money for the fun stuff this time.
Our local newspaper (M.E.N.) always has some good deals for various all-inclusives and they always appear in the paper a couple of months before departure, so I may wait for one of those and see how we're fixed nearer the time. We did one of their holidays to Lloret a few years ago, it was cheap and cheerful and we had a good laugh and met some great people.
Although I probably won't be booking early this time, I'll still be picking up the brochures as soon as they come out - just got to have them!
I've been used to early booking over the years as well. But now the children are getting older you have to take their views and plans into consideration. This is making me more reluctant to book early.

But I will still look forward to a leaf through the new brochures when they come out. :D
End of April/early May. Some holidays go on sale before the brochure is out so if youknow what you are looking for.

I too have always been an early booker but not sure if this will be our last holiday with son. He'll be 17 1/2 next summer and says he's not coming with us!!
Sounds like a party at Joolz house everyone!!! :)
:rofl :rofl

PS think we are staying home '08!!!!
Personally I think he'd love a baby sitter! :)
My mate when he was 16-25 always stayed at home while his family went away but his Mom always got some guy from the pub to look after the house! Thing is, it was a different guy each year!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.