Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
sun bed palava
12 Posts
dont reserve them then!
just chuck off the towel that's on there already, when they complain tell them to see the hotel management as most hotels have a no reservation policy.
i don't reserve them, but would hate a confrontation that would spoil my holiday. more sunbeds please?xphx :sun2
Done it many times, take the towels off and take them to reception, nobody has the right to "reserve" a sunbed. Mind you, had a few "moments" where it could have turned nasty but hey!! your on holiday and when i've respectfully reminded them of my jujitsu black belt it normally calms the situation!
What about the parasol situation too?
Once a man came over to us around the pool and shouted "you have got my Parasol"
and ripped it out from the base - he was so incensed - as he was
taking it away, he hit a lady sleeping on her sun bed.
My Husband said, I think you owe her an apology but of course, he didn't.
But he looked the fool - he was obviously uncomfortable as everyone
around had seen what he had done!
Oh and by the way, we hadn't even taken his parasol!!!!!
Suzie, happened to me too in Turkey a few years ago. Got up early for a jog on the beach and went back to the pool at around 8am to read my book. Sat on a sunbed under a parasol quietly reading and some jumped up "person" came over and said "Thats my parasol!!". I respectfully reminded the said person that it actually belonged to the hotel but if it was going to be an issue, get your partner out and we'll sort it out. Suffice to say, I carried on reading my book and had no problems at all for the rest of the holiday.
You are so brave barnio!! We hate confrontation but I always regret not speaking
up for ourselves later. Do you think it would be a good idea if it happens to us again,
we tell them to 'stick the parasol where the sun don't shine' There again, maybe not!!!
Dont know whether its bravery or stupidity really, however I just can't do with cheeks who think they own the place. I work on the theory that if I dont show weakness when fighting my corner then it calls peoples bluff, knowing full well I've got my jujitsu to back it up if needed.
Hope I don't bump into you on holiday, Barnio! Only joking!
Knowing our luck and we took your advice about bluffing it, we might meet someone who isn't and
they might take us up on it and we can't run very fast!
We witness a lovely situation in northern Cyprus a couple of years beck. A couple tied their two sun loungers together and went off who knows where. A lovely couple of elderly ladies, think Miss Marples, asked if anyone knew where they were, all said no, so they calmly untied the towel and folded it up and sat on the sunbeds. The other two finally came back about 3pm(left the sunbeds about 9.30am) and wanted their beds back. They came second!! Miss Marples looked over the top of her glasses and informed them that if they wanted the beds they should have been sitting on them. We all applauded, the couple slunk away. Oh to be so brave :cheers :cheers
I think the problem will be even worse this year - just got back from Cala Bona and it was 3.50 euros per bed and 3.50 euros for a brolly on the beach. So for a couple thats 10.50 per day - last year that was about £7 but at the current exchange rates you'll be spending a fortune!

Probably cheaper to buy two lilos and a brolly on day one, and leave them behind!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.