Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
SUN LOTIONS ??
12 Posts
In my opinion, KKN, you need to revise your factors somewhat! 20, then 16, then, just maybe, 8 is what we use and we still sometimes get it wrong and suffer for a day! I appreciate that everybody has a different tolerance but you can't be too careful with the sun, so err on the safe side. High 90's and low 100's F. are the norm for Egypt over much of the year.
For the past 5 years i always use Ambro solaire milk factor 30, then use a bronzing oil on top of that, i come home black :tup I got that tip by watching some italians, they always use high factors then put oil on top, you get double the protection. Last year i did go down to factor 20 but burnt as it was 130 degrees. All this lower factor hog wash is critical, having lower factors just means you are not in a hot country but a cooler one like the UK/germany for example. Having high factor creams/milk means you are protected more, the sun still tans you. I personally use milk because it goes into the skin better than cream, creams tends to crease the skin, and washes off easily in the sea, and sweating doesnt help either.
riemann p20 is not bad stuff, apply it once (twice for fair skin) wait 15 mins and off you go
derwent i,m not going to even think about mentioning popeye :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
carrot2502 wrote:
In my opinion, KKN, you need to revise your factors somewhat! 20, then 16, then, just maybe, 8 is what we use and we still sometimes get it wrong and suffer for a day.

Suffer for a day ? the fact that you are getting burnt in a sun area so much strongerthan your normal domicile is far more dangerous

You still get a decent suntan with higher factors it just takes longer

Anyway we don't need roasted carrot
The main thing is not to burn, so wear a factor according to the time that you are spending in the sun. No need to wear factor 40 if you are only in the sun for say ten minutes at a time... factor 40 means you can stay in the sun 40 times longer, factor 30 30 minutes longer etc. If you burn, you basically miss out at least a day or so of the sun, so the most important thing is that you DONT burn.

Start high and reduce as your tan begins to develop. I prefer a lower factor as I like to keep my skin moisturised, so I just keep applying factor 20 say, rather than a factor 40 for the whole day. Take sun bock stick to apply to burn areas, ie shoulders, nose etc, but try to avoid burning for obvious reasons.
derwent i,m not going to even think about mentioning popeye

No :yikes don't blackfox :rofl

Factor 20 is always the lowest i go down too, i have never got burnt. If you are lucky to have an olive skin, then that's different, a lot depends on skin type and if you have had sun already.

Michelle
sonesta beach resort queen.
We go in August when its extremely hot, myself and hubi wear factor 30 and the kids factor 50 the children also wore uv protected t shirts in the afternoons and we all came home with a lovely tan :)
14 weeks to go :sun2
I have fair skin and freckle and use Soltan Once factor 30 then go down to factor 15 when the tan starts never been burnt yet - the trick is to apply in your room 1/2 hour before you go out. Take plenty with you as it costs a fortune over there. The Soltan Once is great for kids as you can never pin them down to reapply frequently. Don't forget the soles of your feet either :D
I wore 40 last year and I went in May. I'll be taking 40/30/20 with me tomorrow morning :D I'm very blonde and fair skinned, as is my bf. I've been going away since I was young, so I go a browny/red but my bf goes bright pink lol!
Half price sales everywhere at the minute, and BOGOF offers as well. I have so many bottles i will weigh the case down :wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.