Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Hi Corrinne, restaurants and bar etcs are generally unaffected by public holiday's except for xmas and Easter, some museums but generally not all do open though as sometimes they open free to allow locals and visitors to enjoy Malta & Ghawdex rich history and heritage, congratulations on your forthcoming nuptuals, please ask away if you need other info.
Hi Sliema

Thaks for the info. We'll be staying near Valetta so I reckon some of the museums there should be open. I assume Government Offices will be closed on Public Holidays too, but do you know if they close the day after as well?
Hi Corrinne, just because Valletta is the capital it doesn't naturally follow that museums there might stay open on public holidays, for example one museum we visited for free on a bank hol was the Maritime museum in Birgu, also Government buildings do shut on bank hols and could shut next day if that day falls on a weekend, failing that they should re-open as normal.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.