Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Check this link.
It's for the Longwood Holidays trips and excursions from Taba & Nuweiba. Will give you an idea of prices etc.
You certainly can do Mt Sinai from Taba. I've heard it's quite a climb - but the locals offer their camels and donkeys along the way, for a price.
Thanks very much for this. I don't mind the climb. We have definately decided to book Taba.
Hi Brenliz,

Just returned from those parts where it is around the quietest time of year at present. Talking to some folks who did the mountain last week and they couldn't get over the fact that it was absolutely heaving with people!

No problem but dont expect to find a nice quiet trip! If you do the climb to watch the sunrise, you apparently need to take some extra clothing with you as it gets mighty chilly before dawn.
Ok thanks. Unfortunately these places are ususally heaving but it is usually worth the treck to see the sunrise and get fantastic photographs. I will remember to take warm clothing but after the climb I am sure I will warm up.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.