Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
I've added this hotel to our review site if anyone has stayed here please add your review here:- http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/egypt/sinai-penninsula-and-red-sea/sharm-el-sheikh/sunrise-tirana-aquapark/

There are some results via Google for this hotel http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=Sunrise+Tirana+Aqua+Park+Resort&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

However, going on past experience via this site with new hotels I'd be inclined to wait a while ;)
I`d be intersted if anyone knew any more about this hotel, if if you`d seen it. Think it may be finished - was trying to find out about the waterpark bit of it as well.

Thanks
hi

saw it in september it looked half done, and some of the rooms looked to have curtains and lights on so it may well be done now.
it's the one on the roundabout on way into Nabq from airport
I'm always interested in hotels with waterparks, so I had a look at the German review website. The slides look great. My German isn't brilliant, but they seem to be saying that it was a holiday on a building site. That it is not finished yet. Also one complaint about unqualified staff in the children's club. They also say the pools are under the flight path from the airport, so you get planes flying low overhead. They generally recommend that nobody goes before the middle of 2009 by when it should be finished. Hope this helps?
Thanks for that, my Germal is zilch so couldn`t make anything out. We would be looking for August but might be better waiting till 2010 - but prices will be sky hight by then - no wonder its so cheap. I thought the German marks were quite reasonable for food, accomodation etc..

Looks like its back to the drawing board.
When i came across this hotel I really wanted to go.. But then I've just read in this thread that its not finished! ... Does anybody know when its going to be finished? :que
Its supposed to be finished by the end of March 2009. But I'm not sure if these projects run to time. People are already staying there so it must be quite close to completion.
We returned from Sharm on Sunday (we stayed at the Sunrise Island View) and drove past this hotel when we were picking up people on the coach. From what we could see it didn't look like a builiding sight and looked very impressive. But then that was only from the road, so can't say what was going on in the inside!
Hi,
Trying to book through Thomas Cook for the Sunrise Tirana (new hotel) in July, however i have been getting conflicting information with regards to their family room. Has anyone been to this hotel in a family room with Thomas cook and if so did you have two bedrooms with a connecting door or was it just 1 standard room with a double bed, single bed and pull out bed? There is 4 of so would prefer the connecting rooms.

This is our first trip to Egypt and i am aware that it is going to be rather hot, so won`t spend all day out in the sun like i would in Spain!! and there is several water slides at theis hotel so kids will be in the water most of the time.

Thanks for your replies in advance.
Hi Rambo

I dont know if its because this is such a new hotel there doesn't seem to be much information on the different room sizes and configurations. Even TA only has about 5 reviews and I have read them and non mention room sizes etc. There is a link on TA to a German Site as it seems quite a lot of Gemans have visited already, but unfortunately apart from the pictures I couldn't make head nor tail of what is going on. :duh Think most of the building work is finished now and I am sure everything will be up and running by July.
  • Edited by doe 2009-02-10 16:28:28
Hi Rambo,

Have you tried to see if there is an e`mail address for the hotel and you could see if they will give you any info about the rooms.
Hi Katismum :wave:

Did you book this hotel in the end ?

Doe
Hi

Yes I did, we are going for a week at Whit half term - even managed Saturday flights with Thomas Cook... we have a twin room for 3. The pictures on the German site
look very promising and katie can`t wait to get her little body onto all the slides, mother of course will be lying on a sunbed reading numerous books. There is this link on Trip Advisor http://www.myvideo.de/watch/5859317/Sun_Rise_Tirana_Aqua_Park for a video someone has shot hope it works (hope I`m allowed to post it) it looks really lovely, its just in the middle of no-where!
Hi

I'm glad you managed to book. I saw you mention earlier that you might leave it till 2010, but I agree with you it looks so good that by then the price will probably go through the roof. I think Katie will love it.
Just counting the days .... where are you off to this year?
Jury is out at the moment. Keep dithering, family want to go to Florida in the summer, but I'm worried about the cost, so I am trying to persuade them that they really want to go to this hotel, or something similar in the Red Sea area at Easter instead. :rofl
Good luck.. if you go at Easter you will be able to tell us all about it. Are the prices quite good for Easter?
Florida :think such a shame about the $$ think thats whats stopping a lot of people, to think when we went in 2007 it was $2 to £1.
Can`t wait for some reviews on here and TA of the Tirana, trouble is TC say in tyhe brochure finished from April so looks like we will have to wait a few more months. The bathrooms look lovely (I am partial to a nice bathroom!! )
Prices are no too bad proivided you can go away just before Easter. I think like most places if you actually want to go and be away over the BH it is more expensive.

The video is brilliant. Dont know how Rambo is going to fine out about rooms though as most tour operators dont seem to have a clue about what is availabe in most hotels. :duh

The only think I was thinking is there are quite a lot of these 'sunrise' group hotels and I was wondering if they are all built to the same pattern, perhaps he could check by looking up the details of the Sunrise Island View and Sunrise Island Gardens, as the family rooms may all be similar. The odd picture I have seen the rooms do look nice.
Hi everyone,
Back again after a busy few days researching. First of all some kind person in T/C accomodation only e-mailed their in -resort agent in Egypt and asked the question re ; family room and reply was that it is 2 rooms with a connecting door, (one room has a king size bed the other 2 singles and this would explain why i was bieng charged £336 suppliment). I thought great success at last however, T/C travel agent shop finally contacted admin (they wouldn`t contact the gentleman in accom only to verify this as they said they had to go through admin as i had booked a package holiday not accom only) they contacted resort and were told family room had 2 sleeping areas, i said does that mean 2 rooms she replied no! it could still be 1 room with 2 seperate areas separated by an archway...... why can`t they just contact their tour rep out there and clear this up.

I had an e-mail the other day from a gentleman who had just got back from this hotel and he e-mailed his friend the manager of the hotel who replied to him that the famly room was 2 rooms with a connecting door (1 kingsize the other two singles) yes! same answer as accom only gave me.
I wanted a family room with 2 rooms.
I have booked 2 rooms but my husband and i will end up in different rooms with one of the kids as they are 9 and 13 and wouldn`t
want to leave them in a room on their own (we can request that the rooms are close tog. but this is not guaranteed). T/C are continuing to say the family room is 1 room!! which would be 2 small for all of us.

If it was found to be that it was 2 ,then they said i could change to the family room but now none available and unable to request one. (although family room available for several days after booking).

My next step is to take both e-mails into the travel agents and show them to them.

If there is anyone reading this that has been in a family room at this hotel through T/C i would be grateful for you room description.

Thanks to Doepsmc, will have a look at the other sunrise hotels and see what their rooms are like.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.