Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Sunset
29 Posts
i will be there for new year's eve so i am more interested in what time it rises :lol: :lol:
Goa being tropical the sunsets will not vary much
We were in Benaulim in jan 2006. The Sunset took my breath away, I'd never seen anything like it.

The sun set took 11 minutes to go down into the sea and this was generally about 6:10 pm (i think that was the time). I have 10 minutes of really quiet video footage showing it.

The sky goes from a blue to slightly yellow/orange colur with the stronger colours centering in the sun, as the sun drops it gradually turns red (i mean blood red) the sun is a perfect big sphere and it drops into the arabian sea until all you can see is a sliver of deep red. You couldn't see better in a film.

Some people argue the African sunset is even better, but I've not seen it so can't judge. All I'd say is take your chair from the beach shack a little out the way my waiter would bring me a sunset cocktail and a table and leave me in peace. It was my time and I loved it. Make sure you use some mossie repellent though as the little blighters like to come out to dine at that time.

Hope this describes it well enough for you, but as they say above I guess it happens at different times.
We have just returned. Sun was setting about 1745 (ish). Due to Goa's latitude i dont think there is a huge variation. I would anticipate that New Year would be the same as it is about now as it will get earlier until 21/12 then gradually later towards 21/6.
Arl on our first trip to Goa we must have about 7 sunsets on video. When we first watched it was here we go another sunset :roll: We have got a fantastic shot though of a fishing boat passing the sun just as the sun reached the horizon.
p.s. I have since edited the footage and added music :)
Arl and Jock the video of the sun sets sound fab is there any way you could put them on the forum for us all to see :?: :sun :sun :sun
Hi all.

Just booked up as a first timer for Calangute, end of January.

Are there any "you have to go there to watch the sunset" areas?

Near or far?

I really enjoy the hippy spiritual vibe and I have had some of my best times watching sunsets at Cafe del Mar, Ibiza and Glastonbury stone circle.

Can't wait by the way!!

Damian
Hi,

Hippie Spiritual vibe+Spectacular sunset = Curlies (south anujuna beach)
Definitely on the cliff top overlooking vagator beach, either Nine Bar or Alcove.......excellent!!!
GFF xx
As above. Amazing place to watch sun set!
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/Sativasolar/India/Picture012.jpg

9 Bar Vagator 8) Don`t get much better than that does it
I love watching the sunset too - last year was at the Marriott and the sun was settling an Indian gentleman tapped myself on the shoulder and told me that it is bad luck to watch the sunset, as the day is over. It is more auspicious to watch the sunrise and hope for a better day !!!
Absolutely love your pic feelthevibe :D
Callum, do you know where this is? http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/gallery/Benaulim/DCP_1064

It's my favourite place for watching the sunset, I've got another cracking photo somewhere of a sunset, must find it and upload it.
We've enjoyed a Goan sunset :wink: watching the sunset at that very spot :) great pic.
p.s. Did you meet Ramon one of the waiters (from Nepal) we just got a lovely letter from him with a picture of his family, he's now back at Johncy's for the season
One of the many sunset photos I took - however I have seen some in the photo gallary that have given me ideas for next time - watch this space!!!!
goan

there is one of mine on the gallery of a paraglider passing during a sunset. that looks quite good

bob
callum, Yes Ramon always served us he thought hilarious that my little girl was called billie, it means Cat in one of the languages. He's a top bloke and used used to sit and plait billie's hair which is bright red. I'm not going this season :bawl so have to get my fix of ht.

that photo is brill goan! 8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.