Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
No heard of them. Might be an idea to check if they have ABTA or ATOL cover.
Have never heard of them but I have checked and they are both ATOL and ABTA registered.

They appear to be a company specalising in holidays to Turkey and look to be OK.
Hi,

I see you posted your question re sunwings a while ago but I've just booked through them and I wondered how your holiday went. I'm just praying they deliver what they advertised as they seem sooooooooooooo much cheaper than other tour operators.

Many thanks

Lou
Hi Lou,

We have just booked with Sunwings as well.
I did a little bit of research on the ATOL licence and it looks above board, they are covered until March 2010.
They are actually part of Wings Abroad Ltd and expect to send 14,000 holidaymakers abroad this year with about 6,000 of thses holidays sold through other travel agents.

I found them considerably cheaper than Thomas Cook, I guess some saving is due to the fact that they charter their own flights from Onur Air.

HTH

John
We went with sunwings last year and they were fine. The flight wasn't the best (Onur Air is a turkish airline) not the highest standard but it gets you there and back and I think is what makes sunwings so cheap compared to the others. The service from the rep was as good as any other holiday company. We've booked again with them for this year!
Thanks for all answers.
We've actually gone to Turkey with Sunwings and couldn't have been more impressed. Even Onur Air wasn't too awful, no worse than Easy Jet and the good news when we flew the plane was only half full.
Having been to Turkey last year and, upon arrival, were told that our original hotel was full and were moved to another hotel, I half feared that this would be the case with Sunwings. In fact, it was!!! We were taken to another comparable hotel but the good thing was that we could move in 3 days to our original hotel - which we did.
The reps were fine, very chatty.
I wouldn't hesitate to go with Sunwings again, the value for money is just incredible. If we had booked with another tour company to the hotel we went to, we would have been looking at another £200+. For that reason it gets my vote.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.