America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
It's not that great but it is still fine. The major problem is obviously the Manhattan Express roller coaster looping its way around the pool complex and beyond, but block that out (not that easy admittedly) and it's quite a nice experience. Far smaller than a lot of the other big hotels, and the sun does struggle to reach parts of it but I quite enjoyed the intimacy. It wasn't that busy either.

On the subject of the other pools. I have always had to show my room key. Even though MGM/Mirage own all those hotels I still think it is unfair to allow non residents into the pool area. If they did that at the MGM Grand the strip would be empty because everybody would be around the MGM pool.

I wouldn't let some indifferent reviews put you off. It's not the best in Vegas but it's still better than a lot of hotel pools.

Ju
No you won't be able to use the pool at other hotels, even in the same group. As jwhiting said, you almost always have to show your room key and at places like the Bellagio they actually scan it to make sure it's current and not an old one.

luci :wave
Try this link to see what you think of the NYNY pool.

I think it's fine and hope you enjoy your stay.
The thing to remember also is that it would be stupid to miss out on the experience of staying at the NYNY just because of the pool. I still think that the NYNY is the best themed hotel in Las Vegas. The attention to detail on both the outside and inside is amazing, and the first time we went in there we literally spent three hours just wandering around looking at everything. It's a fantastic place, although very very busy. It does a fine job of recreating NY in LV.

What dates are you in Vegas? We hit 17th August after 8 nights in New Mexico.
:tup
Thanks for your info, we arrive in vegas on the 10th august for 7 nights, just leaving as you arrive. We are soooooooooooo excited and just cant wait to experience it all. We have wanted to go for years but have never got round to it but the wife has a SPECIAL birthday ( her 40th) so thought it would be a great place to celebrate it!!!! Hope you have a great time too. :D
Just back from Las Vegas last week and stayed at New York, New York. I dont think there is a lot of time for sunbathing as so much to do in Vegas. Anyway we did try and get a bit of soaking up the sun ray hours :tongue
We went to the pool at NYNY on our second day only to be advised it was closed all day for some sort of urgent maintenance work :que We were told we were welcome to go across to the MGM Hotel and just show our key card. We did this and got into the MGM pool area no problem. MGM was a better pool plus they had some umbrellas to help hide from the baking heat.
I still liked NYNY tho and the swimming pool wouldnt put me off returning to the hotel.
Enjoy your holiday :)
They will make arrangements to use another pool if there are problems, but it will be restricted to those days only.

When we were at Paris 2 years ago, they told us to use the Bally's pool during maintenance. We were however not allowed to use the Flamingo pool for example.
Gemma,

How fortunate for you. Staying in the NYNY but being able to utilise the excellent MGM pool area. Doesn't get much better than that!!!! I'm guessing a lot of NYNY guests would like that to be the case on a more regular basis!! ;)
jwhiting yes it was an excellent pool (or pools I mean ;) )
We only used it the one day as we were so busy all the other days, touring, shopping, sightseeing etc.
It was so hot tho, about 109 degrees, so we spent most of the time in the water :D
We stayed at NYNY last September and chilled out round the pool occasionally, would have done so more often but we just did not have enough time. It is a nice pool and there are two hot tub/whirlpools, we had no trouble getting sun loungers and the pool and surrounding areas were not in the shade, it is not too big nor too small, just about right, ok there is are no ornate decorations or lots of landscaping, but it is still a good pool and I quite liked watching the roller coaster going round whilst I was sunbathing. NYNY is a great hotel and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. The buffet style breakfast at the chinese situate near to the pub with the duelling pianos was very nice as well. I had a "bucket of sausages" at the Nine Fine Irishman and they were gorgeous, it is literally what it says, a pot full of sausages, sounds strange I know. This group in here playing Irish music were good as well.

Manxpolly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.