Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Swiss/Carrot
5 Posts
Sorry to butt in on your post but you don't have to go through Israel. You can go by ferry from the Taba Heights Marina straight to Aqaba Jordan. I did this last month with Longwood Holidays. I can't really see any problem. Don't forget the problems in Palestine have been going on for ages and your the countrys length away from Lebanon.
  • Edited by chelsea1 2006-08-03 12:16:28
Very true. You will not see anything different from any other time. Nothing to worry about at all. I can see that as the Movenpick is right on the border it may be quicker to go that way through Eilat. On the otherhand, the Longwoods Taba Heights - Aqaba boat option for me would be much more fun and relaxing.
Tell you what Sam, I never knew that Longwoods were doing this boat to Aquaba option. I may very well try it in the next couple of weeks as it seems a far easier option and more relaxing as Swiss says. I certainly wouldn't worry about the Lebanon situation causing any problems, although my heart goes out to the innocents that are suffering in Lebanon and Israel.

Roger.
Thanks guys :)
I didnt know about the boat option either, it certainly wasnt offered to us last time we went, had to do the bus trip and it was a bit of a pain/time consuming going through the Isreali border, but certainly worth it once we got to Petra. It must be a pretty new thing the boat straight into aqaba? I quite like the sound of that I must say! I think its about 14 months since we were last at Taba, I hope it hasnt lost its "escape" feeling, seems as though its getting a more and more popular destination, aggghhhhh the secret is out! lol
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.