Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Trips no visa
26 Posts
You can go anywhere in the Sinai, except Ras Mohammed National Park, or can go to Israel (Dead Sea, Masada, Jerusalem) or Jordan (Petra, Aqaba).

Check http://www.longwoodholidays.co.uk/sharm/tours.htm for some idea of what is on offer from package firms in Sharm.
Thanks for that was very helpful :lol:
Swiss,

Do you have any knowledge of this new ferry. Is it a fast one and where about does it dock in Taba Heights

Thanks

Regards
Yes ... I have not seen it but it is supposed to take about 50 mins I think, with only 50 - 60 passangers at a time. Would leave from the Waterworld Marina every Sunday, Tuesday and Friday at 8 a.m. returning at 5.30 p.m. ( please note that I heard this only verbally and am still waiting for the flyers and that ). But it is super news as it means you could make Petra in one day !
Swiss

As usual you are a star :bow

Tricia :kiss
Hi,

As a top up for my main holiday to Makadi Bay I've just booked a cheapy week in June to go to Taba at the Sea Star :yikes I was wondering if anyone has done the Petra trip and could give me any ideas as to the best way to travel to it and the cost involved :?:

Thanks in advance,

Stew
Sorry to muscle in on your post Chelsea, but i'm interested in doing this trip too, but from Dahab.
Laurence
No problem Laurence :D I've heard its a bit of a trial getting past the border controls. I was wondering if there is an easier way (by plane or tunnel :wink: ) Also the cost is quite high?

Perhaps someone could shed light on these questions.
We are in Taba in June with Longwood Holidays. They are offering a day trip to Petra for ( and odd, but its in US $) $200, which is about £115.

They cross the Gulf of Aqaba by sea and that lands in Jordan, so no need to negotiate the Israeli border.
Thanks for the info Sancho. I'm with longwoods (via jetline) and going at the end of June :)
Just noticed that you're going to the Sea Star....so are we!

Guess we'lll be back before you go so can maybe give you some up to dat info!

We go 12/06 and land back midnight 19/06.

(also booked via Jetline!!)
Hi sancho,

I finally found the info on longwoods site, looked everywhere bar the right place :oops: . I hope you have a nice time and would welcome any info you have when you come back. I go on the 26/6.

regards,

Stew
Hi
We are at HolidayInn from 12th May. We are looking at trip to Petra but wondered how long the trip is as we once had a bad experience wth a day trip that was all travel and no time to see anything.

Thanks
Mozza46,

Longwoods site quotes an hour crossing by ferry which cuts out the border antics with Israel. Hence I imagine that gives you far more time for the sightseeing :)
At the Seastar you could not be in a better place... the Longwoods office is at that hotel so you are sure to be well looked after. The boat leaves from Waterworld at Taba Heights which is only a few miles south of the Seastar. I think the price has gone up a little due to increased charges imposed by Taba Heights.
hi ,just booked a week staying at 3 corners taba heights and fancy doing the trip to petra has anybody done it ? how good was it ? is it a long day traveling. cheers kev
Hi Kev,

I did Petra years ago whilst touring in Israel and it is certainly worth a visit!

There is now a "marina" at Taba Heights from which some of the tour companies go by water, straight to Aquaba, avoiding the longer and complicated trip via Israel. Apparently the voyage only takes about an hour to reach Jordan and I would imagine is quite interesting.
From what I hear from people who have done the day-trip by boat and bus is that yes its a long day... but well worth it !
Actually the travelling isn't too bad by ferry and even the many hours walking around Petra didn't bother me as the sights you see just take your mind off it. Its a great trip and you'll love it :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.