General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
if it is in hand luggage you may have a problem about whether the contents of tins/jars are liquids, but if the case is going in the hold there should be no problems.
thanks, its going in hold. i read somewhere that it cant be over 1kg
It depends who you are flying with bev, different airlines will have different limits.

1Kg is only just over 2lbs are you confusing that with what you can take on board with you.
Bev
If its in the suitcase and in the hold, there is no problem, as long as you stick within your luggage allowance.
So, it's the decison of packing more food and less clothes or more clothes and less food. lol
You wil not get stuff like honey or ketchup through security in your hand luggage, be safe and pack it all in your suitcase going in the hold.

No problem either taking meat or dairy products within the EU countries. The restrictions for meat and dairy produce come into effect if there is an outbreak of animal disease, such as swine flu or foot and mouth diisease, then you won't be able to take meat and dairy products.

Sanji
I'm sure that you will find that there are brands you know and love in the local supermarkets ... particularly as regards tomato ketchup and honey, so don't worry if you can't get everything in your case. Do make sure that you wrap your honey well ... a broken jar will make a heck of a mess of EVERYTHING in your case!

Have a great time.
thanks..... we are flying with thomson airways. Its just a small weekend suitcase, full of food, its very light. we have 4 other cases for our clothes!

thanks for all the replies...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.