Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
Hi-
i remember reading something about this on another site- you pay per cigarette but can't remember the amount- will see if I can find it
Apparently about 38 cents per cigarette but that is only payable if you do want to import them into Singapore- I understand if you are handing them into bond it costs nothing

http://www.customs.gov.sg/leftNav/trav/Customs+Bonding+Facility.htm
Thanks a lot CalHorn!! WOW!! That duty is high!! Maybe it will encourage my son to give up altogether now!! He could put the tobacco into bond, but he has a very early flight out of Changi, so doubt he will want to be getting up at an even more unearthly hour to go recover his baccy!!!

Thanks again!!!
If he does decide to take them in, its the red channel and you are given a receipt for the tax and duty, incase police stop him in Singapore for smoking non local cigarettes
Thanks for that info too, CalHorn!! :cheers I must admit, I took some cigarettes into Singapore from Australia, in ignorance :( I was actually told that it was illegal to smoke at all in Singapore!!!
Hi Madsue

Never heard that smoking is illegal in Singapore. There must be many people breaking the law then :rofl I saw many a fag end on the supposedly pristine foot paths of Singapore. I think some airport employees have a sense of too much power and make it up as they go along.

Your son can purchase cigarettes on arrival at Perth airport 1 carton per person.

Cheers Gerry

PS I'm with you... my son smokes too and I hate it.
Thanks Gerry!!!!! Well I have given son all the facts, and he has decided that the flight to Singapore will be a good opportunity for him to stop smoking, so he won't take any tobacco with him. LOL we shall see if he sticks to it!!!
Chewing gum is also banned and confiscated on arrival. :que
:cheers That was the one thing we did know about. In fact I think he will miss that more LOL!!

Oooh just had a thought, I suppose Nicorette would be classed as chewing gum too!!!
He will have to get some patches. :rofl
My daughter is off there tomorrow and then onto Bali for a wedding.
I am jealous as Singapore is amazing. :tup We spent 2 weeks there 20 years ago and I would love to return.
I'm very envious too Jay Trip!!! I spent a very short time there last November, and would just love to be going back right now!!!! Son and I leave for UK tomorrow for him to say his goodbyes, then he flies out to Singapore next week, and then on to Perth, and then he will be in Aus for a year!!!! He also was saying oooh he might have to get patches......I doubt it.....he smokes comparatively little really.

How lovely for your daughter, hope she has a great trip too!!!!
I wont rest until she and her family get back as I have just read about the Dengue fever outbreak and the Rabies scare in Bali. :yikes
The bride and groom live in Perth and she wishes they would have got married there. :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.