Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
We stayed at the vista blanes in october and spent alot of our time in the evenings at the talyot because its a thomson super family hotel with loads going on.
We saw the vista picas when we were there but personally the talyot out of the 2 is the better choice.
both are right in cala n forcat but with menorca being so small nowhere is too far away to travel. We hired a car and toured the island in a day!
thanks for your input. our friends are staying in the vista picas but out of the two i , like you favoured the talayot apartments. never been to menorca before so your input is valued thanks for taking the time to reply.
:D
We went to the Talayot 2 years ago and tried to book this year but unfortunatley they are not offering 1 bedroom appts at the moment, they are only offering two as they are still in discussions with Thompson over contracts??? We have now booked the Vista appts which sound and look fantastic & rooms look more spacious than talayot also closer to centre.

We checked price on line (Thompson website) then i used the following promotion code:- XDS150J to get an extra £150 off and got the Thompson travel agent to price match as u then only have to pay 49 pound deposit (online deposot was 390).

Like previous reply they are both not far from the centre as Menorca is such a small Island, we have stayed there 3 times. Hire a car as it's so easy to drive and find some lovely beaches.
We stayed at Talayot in 2002 and hated it.Possibly because it's a Thompson super family complex it seemed to attract people who just abandond their kids for 2 weeks so they could throw as much booze down their throats as possible.We love Menorca but Calan Forcat is not for us.Much prefer Calan Bosch.
thanks to everyone for your replys. i wonder if you can help me further. we have ended up booking the binimar apartments in cala n forcat. the reviews seemed ok and we decided it seemed the best place for us . can anyone tell me roughly how far it is to the vista picas apartments as our friends are staying there and i cannot find a hotel map of the resort that can show me both hotels.
thanks for any help. :D
Wherever you are in Cala n' Forcat you won't be far. I'm working on memory here but i'm 99% certain the Binimar may be across the road and 200 yards down the street opposite?
scaramooch is right, the binimar are only a couple of minutes walk from the vista picas. if you do find a map, looking out to sea the binimar are almost as far right in the resort as you can go (still close to everything though). the talayot are as far left, about 20 mins walk away, hope this makes sense! i hope mckennar1 is wrong about the thomson/talayot contracts as we've booked to go back to talayot in june!
Here's a link to a web page from where you can watch a short video of the Binimar apartments.

http://tinyurl.com/2xv4md
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.