Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
hello- I cant help at the moment but we are going for 2 weeks at the start of July and I will post back then. Basically the negative things that people have reported back on the various travel sites are not likely to bother us, it seems the rooms are small and basic - well, we hope to not be spending too much time in them. And the breakfast doesn't seem that great, but again we didn't expect to be able to afford a B&B so it was an added bonus.

The grounds look lovely and from what I have heard its in a great spot for getting into Skala and to the Beach. Have you looked at the Tara Beaches own website? It looks really pretty. Also I emailed them with some room requests and they replied with a very friendly email in about 10 mins.
Its a nice hotel, yes the rooms are a bit small and basic but there is a good chance of a side on sea view.

Location wise its great, rite on the beach and just a small two min walk up the hill into Scala.

When we visited no one seemed to use the restaurant in the evening or indeed the bar, shame really as both were well situated. To be honest we were guilty of this too as we didn't want to eat/ drink in solitude.

The only real downside to the place was the fact that the owner actively encouraged people who were not staying at the hotel to use the pool and sunbeds, Given the fact that not many hotels in the village have pools you had to be sure to get down early to get a spot! We thought we had paid allot of money to have to fight it out for beds with people who were staying in far cheaper accommodation up the road.

We would definitely go back to Skala but would probably stay at the nine musses hotel next time.

The island is beautiful and well worth driving around.

Scala is a cracking little place with great places to eat and drink.

Hope this helps ? feel free to ask any more specific questions.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.