EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Interst rates in Spain are considerably lower than in the UK. Have a look at some of the Spanish bans web site. Solbank and Banco Atlantico have them in English.

Alan
It's not an easy decision, Davina. :?

Yes, interest rates are lower in Spain, but the problem of leaving your investments in Sterling is that you would be vulnerable to exchange rates i.e. living with the euro economy from income in Sterling. It's just a case if you want to take the risk and would also depend on how high the chance is that you would return to the UK, because bringing your capital to Spain at the wrong time and transfering it back to the UK at the wrong time, could result in a bit of a loss. You may be best to test the living in Spain water first before making any decision.
You may be best to test the living in Spain water first before making any decision.

I think I agree with this statement from bawbee because you can always transfer money into you Spanish account via a company like Currencise Direct who do not make a charge for this service provided you move a minimun of £5000 at any one time. The exchange rate they offer is always much higher that the tourist rate, as an example today the tourist rate was 1.371€ = 1£ and Currencies Direct would give you 1.4779€ = 1£, might not seem a lot but when you are sending aver large amounts of money every little helps.

This is a good thread for more information http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=16191&highlight=
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.