Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
I would suggest you book a taxi via easytaxi.gr. They will be waiting for you at arrivals. If you decide to jump in a taxi at arrivals the prices will be up on a board.
I still think that you shouldn't discount car hire. The route from Heraklion airport to Rethymnon is very straight forward, and you will be able to explore outside Rethymnon once you've done the centre (it's really quite small). There are lovely places to visit inland, and you might like to head for Chania for a change of scene. Holiday Autos have good rates to Crete, or you could hire locally and pay in Euros.
Thanks to those who replied. However, I have changed my mind - flight times are very inconvenient and I have decided to go elsewhere.
When I went to heraklion, from the airport to the place we were staying the roads were so windy and i thought that the driver was goingto go over the edge! it was nailbiting! still we had a coach on the way back which was much more enjoyable
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.