Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
It's as you leave the arrival building across the road bit but it's only a small hut and stand.

Prices are fixed from the airport, better off arranging for a taxi to collect you before you leave

I can let you have a number if needed.
When you say im better off arranging a taxi before we get there, do you mean because of price, or because it will be easier?

Also, do you think a small pushchair and 3 suitcases will fit in one taxi?

Thanks

Nicola
We got a taxi from the small kiosk directly opposite the doors as you come out of the terminal. It was really easy. Just go up to the kiosk and pay the price shown (Candolim was 675 rupees and all prices are set). They give you a ticket and then take you to a waiting taxi and you're off. It took less than 5 minutes from leaving the terminal to the taxi setting off. I know some people who were quoted 800 rupees for the return journey so don't think the prices are bad. We also got 4 suitcases and 4 people in our taxi so you should be OK with yours.
Thankyou Sim.

Fritz - if you dont mind, could you pm me the number? :)

I'd much prefer an email address of a taxi guy though , better communication through email i think :cheers
I'm sure you'd get 3 cases and a stroller in one of the Rascal van type cabs, not too sure with the old saloon looking things - we've had cases fall off the roof rack before.

We arrange for a taxi before we leave the uk partly because it's cheaper than the airport rates (but not a great deal cheaper), partly because it's simpler in the sense that we know what we're getting and that we'll all fit in and so will our luggage, and partly because we know then that we're all sorted. The last thing we want after being trussed up on a Monarch flight for 10 hours is to be messed around by taxi drivers - not that it happens, just that we know it won't if we've already arranged the taxi.

Also we get someone to collect us who we have known for many years so it gives us a good chance to catch up on the drive back to Candolim.

Oh and the cold Kings he brings for us help as well.

I'll PM you his number
Yes Fritz, i see what you mean regarding knowing what your getting etc.

Thanks again for pm' ing me his number.

Nicola
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.