Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
I think it is generally considered that Royal Caribbean are the best for teenagers, with all the activities they offer, like surfing, ice-skating, climbing,etc and a teens club and teen disco. Have a look at their website http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk
Absolutely, our teenage daughter loved Royal Caribbean!
cheers mehmeh, hamrag.
ive taken a quick look and they do look fab.
thanks
happy hols
john
I cruise with teen boys and they second the vote for Royal Caribbean.
They live on the basketball court when they're not eating Pizza :cheers
John,

When we cruised on Navigator of the Seas last year, our son Kieran turned 14 on the first day. We're going on Freedom OTS in October, and neither he nor his 16 year old sister can wait. He lived in the youth area, and found the teen crew (counsellors is the term they use on board, but not in the context we would normally use that term) excellent.

We were a little worried he mightn't mix. One night, my better half and I were strolling on deck, and saw a group of teens go by, engrossed in a scavenger hunt organised by the ship. "That lad in the middle looks a bit like Kieran", says I to my beloved. She looked a bit closer and sure enough...it was him.
Yes, I agree. Arrange to meet your teens for meals, you won't see much of them otherwise.
I thought maybe they'd be bored, the first time we cruised, but I had to drag them away, and when we disembarked they were in tears.... :D
Only 7 weeks to go ,then its Voyager of the seas with our 12yr old grandson.
first time with RCI :cheers
ANNX
  • Edited by aarond 2009-06-17 11:46:46
Aarond - have a great time - hope you've got your notarised letter for your grandson if his parents aren't coming too?
Hi do we need anything special to take him on a cruise??we take him abroad each year
with no problem at airports ect.
thanks annx
RCCL UK have just changed their document requirements to suit British passengers. US pax who travel with a child that is not their own have to provide a notarized form with permission for travel and permission for medical care, but since it is hard (and $$$) to find a notary public in the UK I think you will find they ask for a signed document validated by a Solicitor- have a look at the website or call them to confirm what you need as you can be denied boarding without it .
Wow lucky you found out in time, as they may well refuse to allow you to board without the letter. As emdia says, they do seem to have now changed the requirements to a letter countersigned by a solicitor and no longer insist on a notarised one, which is cheaper for you. The standard letter that they require is on their website for you to print out.
Hi mehmeh1 can you please give web link to print this letter
many thanks
annx
Go to main website http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk Immediately you will see 'Important Updates - Travelling with Minors'. Click on that. After reading the info there is a link to the template letter to print off.
Thanks for the link have printed form and all ready for the solicitor to sign and seal :cheers
annx
thanks guys
looks like royal caribbean is the way to go then.
happy hols
john
Hope this proves correct, we are going on The IOTS Rci with 2 boys aged 14 and 17 :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.