Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Ooooohhhhhh may be worth a trip when we return next year. thanks Sanji :tup
I wish I was able to go on a cable car like that. I'm quite claustrophobic so would hate being cooped up in that car, I would start to panic as soon as I got in. I remember going on a cable car ride in Butlins many moons ago when I was a child and I didn't know the meaning of claustrophobia- it was really exciting and I even took some photos in the air.
Shirley
I don't think you'd feel claustrophic because the cabins are all glass, back, sides & front (apart from the frame holding it all together) and you've so much to look at that you (well I did) seem to forget about the nervousness.

I've stood watching and filming Tereférico and thought 'no way José' because I thought the car would swing around too much and cause motion sickness, a bit like being in a plane during turbulence, but it doesn't, it was a smooth ride although it was a perfect day to do it, no wind and clear blue skies, so maybe that helped, but it does get hot inside the cabin when the outside temperature is hitting 46°F.

I'm so glad I had the courage to do it, it's the next best thing to being a bird and really good value for money (IMO).

Sanji x
I think if you'd really like to do it the best solution would be for just 2 of you in one car. Don't think about it - just get on. Or do as Sanji did and go on with a friend as I think you get more courage with a friend rather than family, 'if they can do it I can' type of philosophy. Once you've done it (& it was definitely worth the trip) you'll be so proud of yourself & you'll see some beautiful views. :tup

As Sanji says it's all glass so you don't feel 'hemmed' in at all, & was really smooth.
Thanks Sanji for the report and video. Was there much of a queue to get on ?

I'm considering buying tickets from the web site as they do a deal for 16.50 euro which includes a burger meal, does anyone know how this would work, is it likely to be a voucher that you present whenever you choose to go on any day of your choice or is it more likely to be pre dated ? I've just been on the website and the link to the English language page is broken.

p.s Sanji,I'm pleased to read that you were amazing :cheers
I was amazing
p.s Sanji,I'm pleased to read that you were amazing

My hubby thinks I´m amazing :D but I think a T is missing :rofl
No queue that I can remember going up and only a slight queue coming back down because everyone went for the cars after the birds of prey show.
Sorry can´t help with the meal deal.

Sanji
Thanks for the reply, we'll probably take a ride on it this time, as it was closed on our last visit in Feb.

Andy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.