General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Telling Fibs
8 Posts
Of course its legal.

When it suits kids are adults aged 13.

John
Carol,

Quite a topic about 'Free Kids' etc and what age they are. I would urge caution when it comes to insurance though when they would have you should something go wrong and you have told them something different about ages. It was only today that I was looking in a TO window with my daughter and saw the usual 'family of four' deals. It set me wondering just what is a family of four ? Could it be four children ? a mother and three daughters with dad left to cut the grass ? In closing you are right savings can be important so no need to apologise.

Wilson :wink:
It's always best to do all the combinations when you are a family with children.

ie 1 free child price and 2 adults and 1 paying child
1 free child and 3 adults
4 adults.

The price of the under occupancy with only 2 full fare paying adults can be greater than the cost of paying adult price for your two children. Get your Travel agent to do all combinations. :wink:
We are a family of four and when booking my holiday we were advised to pay for 4 adults rather then take a free child place ,as this then occurs under occupency charges.

So it must be legal to do this .
we have just boooked to Turkey in May for 2 adults and 2 kids, the travel agent eclipse direct suggested that she puts us down as four adults and believe it or not we saved about £300 by doing this I couldnt believe it. apparently not all travel agents do this so it is worth remembering.

Diane.
There is no reason why you cannot pay an adult price for a child. All you are doing in effect is turning down the discount they are offering. The charges for an apartment are based on four people sharing. If less than four people occupy the accomodation then they pay a surcharge. That is in the brochure. As an alternative you can pay adult price for the children and avoid the surcharge. That is quite legitimate and the TOs are quite happy for you to do that. If you look through HT you will find plenty of examples of people doing this. You are not telling fibs. Just enjoy your holiday.

fwh
Hi there,
Just like to say many thanks for all your replies.

Love Carol xxxxx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.