Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
they play in santa cruz, and it would cost you a lot in a taxi from pdla.
there are sometimes ads in the local newspapers about trips, so that might be your best shot..... sorry cant be more helpful
if i find anything else out i will post
I am a member of a supporter's club for Ex Pats called Armada Sur and we take coaches to EVERY home game and often take tourists along for the ride if they want to go...

Yesterday we won 3-2 and the atmos was fantastic! :D
If you want to come along, take a look at our fanclub website at http://www.armadasur.com and check out yesterday's photos that I've just stuck on our photobox gallery at http://www.photoboxgallery.com/armadasur/

"TENERIFAY.... LO LO LO LO LO LO LO....."

In answer to your questions, they play in Segunda A which is the equivalent of the Championship. They are currently 11th in the league. They play at the Heliodoro Redriguez Lopez in Santa Cruz. If you got a taxi to santa cruz, it'd cost you about 60€ each way... if you come on the cach with us, it's a hell of a lot cheaper!!!... plus we have an arrangement with our drivers that we can have a couple of beers on the coach.

Hope to see you there!
and our fan club president writes the CD Tenerife reports for Island Connections (ic-web) ;)
djkirstyjay i would love to come watch a match seing as im away from my beloved liverpool f.c and will be missing three good matches i'm in tenerife from the 10th of october till the 24th october could you tell me what team will be playing also the cost with the coach and tickets thanks gary daxy11
October 15th at home to Sporting
Check out this page for all things Spanish football

http://www.soccer-spain.com/

I found it better and cheaper going by car hire from the south and ive done local bus, Supporters club as well as the car hire
Its easy to find the ground once you get to the top of the island(folllow the fans!!!)

You buy your ticket at the ticket office outside the ground which is easy to find and it cost me around 10Euros for entry.
Take your sunglasses and suncream as the sun is opposite you the full game.
thank's ynttk but i'd like to go on the supporters bus if it's half as good as going to a liverpool game the atmosphere is awesome and a coach of fan's is awesome... 8)
10Euro for a game i cant believe it ive just qued for 4 hours and payed £32 a ticket against newcastle and £34 against galatasary (well worth it in my eyes but the wife doesnt agree)
didnt raffa benitez coach tenerife???? they must be good to have the boss managing them at some point
I too prefer the atmos on the coach, plus if you don't have the car you can have a drink and don't have to worry about the hassle of parking on match days.

I suppose it's whatever takes your fancy, however I reckon it's a much better time going as a band of supporters than on my own!

If you want to go with the supporters' group, then send an e-mail via the website I mentioned above. All the info is on there - fixtures, league table, match reports, team info, etc. It's all in English too and it's updated regularly (more regularly than the team's official website, in fact).

PS: There's a cup match on Wednesday against Alaves this week and Oasis FM are now doing live commentary of all the home games (don't think this includes the cup matches though, unfortunately) which you can get online via their website if you want to follow the team from the UK.
Just my luck
In Tenerife 22nd October and they are away from home. :(

In Tenerife 19th Nov and they are away from home :(

In Tenerife Xmas eve until the 5th Jan and their are no game at that time :(

Ticket prices.....

I follow Scotland home and away(just back from Luithuania)and for the game against France(world cup runners up) it costs me £15 and £5 for my 13 year old son.
Tickets sold out in a matter of hours so well done to the SFA for not ripping the fans off as most big teams now do
You never know... there may be a cup game on... keep an eye on the site for announcements of the draw. Mind you, if you come out that often, there's bound to be a game on sooner or later!

We have a lot of members who live in the UK that arrange their holidays around the fixtures! :lol:

A couple of 'em even moved out here to live permanently last year, just so they could see more games!

For us expats that have moved out and miss the whole live match experience, CD Tenerife is a godsend. We even go to some San Isidro matches and travel to away games on other Islands and the mainland too... usually when we do away trips to the mainland, we get a brilliant reception from opposing fans, as they can't believe we're English!!! :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.