Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I believe the Foreign and Commonwealth Office are advising against all but essential travel to parts of Thailand at the moment so your tour operator should either give you a refund or rearrange the dates if you are travelling to those areas.

I have tried to accesss the information on http://www.fco.gov.uk , but none of the links for Thailand travel advice appear to be working at the moment.

THIS is the best I could find that worked.

luci :wave
Hi David,

The fco advice can be found at http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travelling-and-living-overseas/travel-advice-by-country/asia-oceania/thailand/%20FCO%20Advice

The advice "not to travel" only applies, at present, to areas in the far South of the country that have been plagued by extremist terrorist activity for quite some time now.

As it stands, your T/O or Travel Agent can advise but until the FO issues an advice against all but essential travel, there is probably not that can be done.

We are due to go in 3 weeks. At present, we are not unduly worried and would still travel. :tup .

Peter
Peter

I'm getting Page Not Found on that link same as earlier today.

Luci

I looked at the fco link you gave and info. for Thailand is appearing.. As PeteB states the FCO are only advising against travel to the very south of the Country. I think as usual the press aren't publishing the correct info.
The site does say that any travellers to Thailand could suffer from some delays.
At the moment without further FCO advice re. travel, I don't believe that Tour Operators are under any legal obligation to change or refund holidays.

Judith
Still can't get Peter's link to work, but managed to get the Travel Advice link to work that I couldn't access earlier HERE

im going on monday from manchester decision made , ive been on other forums and it seems to have calmed down , so im going and going to enjoy it .

thanks for all advice... :cheers
Enjoy your holiday, I'm going to Thailand in a few weeks time and have been reading some other forums and as you said it seems to have quietened down a bit.
Hi,

I am now getting the message that they are changing their website - sorry, it was working when posted. :think

I think that you may find this one interesting

http://uk.reuters.com/article/wtMostRead/idUKSP9464920080903

Happy Hols :cheers

Peter
Tour Operators have to follow Foreign Office advice.

If the foreign office advise against travelling, then your insurance can be invalidated, and they cannot send you unless you expressly wish to go.

As the F.O are not advising against travel, if you cancel, it will be subject to normal cancellation conditions, which I suspect mean you will lose 100% of your holiday cost which you will not be able to reclaim from travel insurance.

Now the good news....

Thailand is currently extremely safe. Things are calming down. When they weren't calm last week, any problems were not affecting tourists or touristy areas except a couple of days of Krabi & Phuket Airports being closed. Tourists were just being inconvenienced and not put at any risk.

I've been getting updates several times a day, and spoken to people that have come back, and most have not even been aware of any problems!

You are at greater risk getting to the airport to get your flight in the UK!

You'll have an amazing time! If you're worried because you havn't been to Thailand before, once you have been you will see why you had nothing to worry about! Some of the warmest, friendliest people on the planet. And very reliant on tourism, which is why these bi-annual problems never affect tourists.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.