Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Thailand Money
7 Posts
I haven't been to Goa but have been to Bali many times and it can be the same situation if you change money in small notes.

I'm looking at our left over Bahts from last year and it's in 500's, 50's and 20's notes. Googling tells me that there is a 1000 note (which is about 16 pounds).

Hope this helps

Cheers Geri
Hi there, Dont change any money at home, change it in Thailand you will get a much better rate, having said that we always draw money out from the ATM's, just find it much more convenient and you can draw out up to 20,000baht (which is only 20 notes). Thai money is good you wont end up with hundreds of notes.
Cathy
make sure to let your bank know if you are using a card in thailand there is a high incidence of card fraud some banks will not let you although we used ours with no problems
I agree better use cash and exchange in banks, my bank rip me off when i am using credit card from my country and exchange rates in banks are pretty fair.

Also be careful with ATMs, on most you cant withdraw more than 30000 Baht!
30000. If my calculation are correct this is over £550 most banks in the UK won't let you draw out £550 from the ATM machines.
You'll need more of it by the looks of things. Down to 53BHT to the pound today :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.