Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Thai Airways has two direct flights leaving from London Heathrow on a Sunday.
11:50 arriving BKK 6:10 and 21:35 arriving BKK 15:55

I have found that Thai's flight schedule rarely changes... give or take daylight savings.

Cheers Geri
Thanks Geri,
I confess I didn't think to look at scheduled. Not sure I'm brave enough to build my own holiday these days though...
Honest it's easy we do it ALL the time and never hit a problem. However, whenever we've flown with Thai we have bought the air fares from an agent and not online. People complain about Thai's online prices and often cheaper through an agent... you need to do your homework.

Booking hotels online or direct is very easy. Just remember to use your credit card for extra protection. I prefer the booking method where you don't pay up front... there are clear cancellation policies which is fair enough.

I'm not familiar with UK travel but can't you get a travel agent to package up airfare and hotels? We've met up with friends from England in Thailand and Malaysia and they have always flown Thai or Malaysian Airways.

When's the wedding? I remember when our son got married we couldn't go away at all that year... gone are the days when the brides parents pay.

Cheers Geri
Travelbag or Travelmood will help you book the holiday you want.
If you ring them or visit one of travelbags store they can organise everything.
We have used them to book flights before - but always book hotels direct. They are very helpful and often have lots of good suggestions.
All the operators who go to Thailand (Kuoni, Premier, Hayes and Jarvis etc)should be able to package you up a departure on Sunday(subject to seat availibility) if you don't fancy DIY as holidays to Thailand from the UK are mostly based on scheduled airlines. Plus as its scheduled you're not tied to seven or fourteen day durations. We tend to do 17 nights.
I wasn't aware of any non-scheduled airlines to Thailand??

As Fiona said Thai x2, EVA x1, BA x1 and Qantas x1 all have Sunday flights to Bangkok.

Note, many airline sales finish at the end of this month.
I said mostly as sometimes the charter guys give it a go - but never seem to be able to make it work.
Travelbag used to run a charter to Christchurch in New Zealand. Had about 7 refuelling stops en-route, normal charter seat pitch, no seat back TV's (was a few years ago), think it took about 33 hours! Unsurprisingly that one didn't last long!
You used to be able to do charter to Thailand - first time we went was on Caledonian (nightmare)

Def reccommend speaking to TravelBag or Travelmood,they will do all the hyard work for you
http://www.tropicalcollection.co.uk/MultiCentre-Summary.aspx?PackageId=18
Tel. 0871 9110014
Not bad prices here.
They use schedule airlines, mainly Ethiad, but for a small supplement (£30) you can opt for Thai Airways for the direct flight Heathrow to Bangkok.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.