Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Set off to find Chorao Island in the Mandovi estuary on bikes, taking a ferry from Ribandar from the road to Old Goa 3 km from Panaji. Toured around, got stopped for a chat by kids and villagers, an old whitewashed church was locked, but it was opened it up for us to have a look around. It was so quiet, we didn't see another tourist all morning - lots of birdlife though. We then trundled off an had lunch at Lake Mayem, with lots of Indian familes, and it was just an unexpectedly lovely and peaceful day, without having much of a plan at all. I enjoy setting off and not knowing what I'm going to see or quite where I'm going, and passing through places where there aren't many other tourists to be seen.

A great day out, and all for a handful of rupees.
Lake Mayem

I was just googling this yesterday, think I'll plan a trip there. Looks like a nice place to spend a day.
We love Mayhem lake, infact we are thinking of spending a couple of days up there on our next trip to Goa. It is so peaceful there and the scenery is wonderful. A little shop outside the entrance to the lake does the most fabulous samosas.
What an excellent idea for a thread, we're taking my parents to Goa with us for the first time this year and are looking for things to do with them - we've been incredibly lazy each time we've been to Goa and spent most of our time on the beaches! :sun2
If there's a few of you, it's good to hire a boat (with crew!) to sail up the coast to Arambol, stopping at various beaches on the way back for food, drinks and a bit of lazing around and swimming. In 2006 it was 750 rps each for 8 of us.

On the way north in the morning, you can do dolphin spotting too. A great day out! :tup
I think that my wife's and mine best day trip out was , when we went up to see the children ,Rob and staff at " children walking tall. Just seeing how happy everyone was with fruit, milk, and other gifts. Real genuine smiles from the children, and of course genuine care from everyone involved with them. I must admit made me ponder as to how lucky we are. Also made me think that perhaps some of the youth from here in the uk should see life for real , maybe then they would appreciate things better. Anyway I know that may not be found exciting as a day out for some , but for us it was unforgetable and a pleasure to have been allowed such an insight.
We took a taxi to Palolem, found 'our paradise' spent the day there at Havana shack, listening to Jack Johnson, it was bliss :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.