Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
obviously, this can depend greatly on which hotel you are staying at, but as this is important to you, i assume you have checked reviews beofre booking anything. we were in the dr in october and there was always plenty to eat. i have IBS, so i have to be careful. didnt get sick once. the meat was always cooked properly(no pink). avoid coconut milk in our drinks and take it easy with booze and sun. which hotel are you going to?
H i Carebear, We are going to one of the Iberostar chain hotels, but cannot make our minds up yet which one, either the one in Punta Cana or the one in Costa Dorada, but im just going to price up a hotel in Mexico and then after christmas we are going to make our minds up, the only thing i cannot decide on is who to travel with as FC, Thompsons and Airtous all have the Iberostar Dorada and all come up around the same price. :hmmm
Hi bellingham, we didn't stay at the costa dorada, but we did meet people who were and they said the food was fantastic, it really is 24 hrs a day. even a local person told us you couldn't beat the iberostar chain, and the hotel looked lovely.
we stayed at the ibero costa dorada a couple of years ago and the food was fine if a little bland at times. Their main market is from north america and the food, although from around the world, is geared to their requirements, so you can have jelly and ice craem for breakfast if you want.
The advice about keeping away from the coconut drinks is wise.

we went to peurto plata this year and stayed at sunscape the beach. the food there was very good, varied and plenty of it. However a comment we heard around the pool one day from a middle aged american lady to her friend " you should try the burgers at the BBq on the beach. Not a patch on MacDonalds, but they are ok" . I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

hope you have a good time

jr
Would recommend first choice airlines plenty of room in economy and good in-flight entertainment and I believe Thomsons are upgrading their planes to the same standard for next year
Hi Bellingham

Have a look in the FLIGHTS FORUM to help you choose a Tour Op :wink:

Pippy :D
Well lets put it this way.

We went to the Dom Rep 2 years ago for the first time and stayed at the Suncape Casa Del Mar Hotel situated on the islands south coast at Bayahiba.

We had a full english every morning,Steak on the beach for lunch and even some nights fresh red Snapper or on two occations Lobster for our evening meal. It was without doubt the finest food we have ever seen and put most 4 star hotels in the med to shame.

Just Go 4 or 5 star to the Dom Repand you simply cannot go wrong.

Enjoy 8)
Hi All, could anyone please tell the kind of food you get not which hotel to stay in, but Portland have just this week gave 50pounds of each person instead of 20pounds do you think i should book today. Iberostar Costa Dorada £4100 for 4 adults, but what are the water sports like in that area for my 18year old son, on the hotel reviews this hotel has got better reviews than the Iberostar Punta Cana and is all the tour operators Premier brouchres. :hmmm
it sounds to me as though you have made your mind up!! watersports are normally kayaking, snorkelling jet skis etc. try debbies dominican website, its a lot more specific and you may find ALL your answers there.
Hi Carebear,Afer speaking to two travel agents yesturday Thompson and Thomas Cook i have decided to go the the Iberostar Punta Cana and pay the extra 300pounds more, as it will be the last holiday as a family as i dont think my son will be coming with us after this holiday as he will be 18 then and i want him to come forthe break before his a levels start :lol:
as long as your happy with your decision and i dont think you can go worng with the iberostar chain, but try debbies dominican anyway, they gave me lots of invaluable advice which made my holiday.
have a good time. :D
Claire
H i Care Bear, Could you pleasae give me the website for Debbies Dominican. The lady in Thomas Cook said if its the one and only holifay to the DR go to he East coast as its the best for beaches and water sports. :thanks
hi bellingham. if you just type in debbies domincan into your search box and then click on dominican republic forums. it is split into sections depemding on what area you are going to, and general questions, weather etc. i wouldve been lost without it, as althoughyou get good advise and help here, sometimes you need something more specific.

Claire
hello, another good website is http://www.dr1.com
hi carebear.
how are you?
back in the real world yet.
hi seeds, unfortunately yes!! :cry: as you know we had a fab time and would love to go back. just got to save my pennies. :)
Hi , Care Bear, I have been quoted a good deal with Airtours to the Grand Bahia Punta Cana, and i have read all the reviews on here and on trip advisor and they are all better then Iberostar Punta Cana, but im going to see if FC will give me a price promice deal with Airtous price as i would sooner go with FC, what do you think, please give me any advice you can :hmmm
Hi bellingham- not sure what advice i can give you! i haven't been to bahia principe punta cana althoughit was on my original wish list, but it was out of our budget. i think you need to draw up a list of where you want to go, what facilities you NEED and what you would LIKE,a nd then go to the travel agents and book, otherwise you may end up getting nothing you want. the more popular the hotel the quicker it gets full.
seriously though, have you been on debbies dominican, everybody will have their own personal choice. if it was me and i had the money i would got to iberostar costa dorada. but thats my own opinion.

dont know if thats helped you any :?
hello,
i am off to the holiday village, there is some new photos on http://www.dr1.com and it looks great.
Hi, Care Bear and The Seeds, Im very confused, on the hotel forums review on this site and tripadvisor they rate the Bahia Punta Cana as the best hotel, but on the FC brouchre they rate Iberostar Punta Cana as the best on their cutomer feed back. as for fc Holiday villages i would not trust FC again after going to the one in Turkey, i would rather pay another 500pounds more and go to either one of the hotels i have just mentioned, hope yuou have a great holiday The Seeds, i might even go mad and book the Gand Bahia hotel in Mexico, im going to see what i can do with the prices when Airtours launch their Tripical 2007-08 after christmas, they have the peices but they cannot give me any discounts until then, but the girl at Airtous web support said their will be good discounts after christmas, if i can get mexico for £5000 for 4 adults im going to book, everything depends on how much i can get FC to price match Aitours after christmas. :hmmm
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.