Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
The Orams Case
7 Posts
The case finished a couple of weeks ago so rather late article. Sometime in September is when judgement expected. People in court made no mention of some of these things except that Blair was not impressive.
DEB18, the ORAMS bought a home that is built on a GREEK CYPRIOT REFUGEES LAND, the ORAMS thought they could buy a cheap home built on stolen greek cypriot land and get away with it.
My advice is DONT risk losing your money by buying homes that are built on STOLEN GREEK CYPRIOT LAND.
When there is a settlement & end to the illegal turkish occupation of the north of cyprus then those who have bought stolen property will have to hand it over to the legal owners.
Well yes good advice, BUT our daughters house (married to a Cypriot refugee) is built on Turkish land in Lemba near Pafos, and there are hundreds of Cypriot refugees living on Turkish land here in this area alone, with that same scenario as the Orams.

So Eurodude what can you deduce from that, the Orams lose and so will thousands of Cypriots here in the west, see a problem with your point?

By the way that land was given to those refugees by the Cypriot authorities, not grabbed!
As usual, Jim is the voice of sane reason and logical argument.
Hi Jim,

The main differences between the 2 communities with respect to property are:

1. The GCs living in TC property do not own the property - they can't sell it.

2. They pay a rent to the authorities that goes into a fund for the repatriation of TC when they return.

3. The GCs understand that they may have to leave the TC properties when the TCs return.

Cheers,
Thanks for that information Nigel - appreciated.

Thanks for everyones contributions.

I am now locking this topic as I want the forum to concentrate on holidays and such related topics. ;)
Kath HT Admin
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.