Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
The Patch
21 Posts
Isn't it a shame....................the patch is nothing like it used to be

I agree, it does need flattening, but who knows whats going to happen. Unfortunately its not up to us.

The Patch used to be the life and soul................ :(
Totally agree it looks awful.

But Blaydon races is still a top pub.
Sad to hear the Patch isn't what it used to be :( What about the Strip (behind Parque la Paz apts)? Is it still a good night down there? We're back in PDLA next Easter, staying AI at the Caledonia and may probably fancy a couple of nights away from the hotel, I know San Eugenio centre is nearer but if the Strip is still worth the taxi fare then I'll be happy to head down there.
yea the patch isnt the best anymore.... the pdlp strip is great though.... not been for a few weeks, but when i was there last you couldnt move.
Where is the patch guys?
Where is the patch guys?

It's the area of bars / restaurants situated next toParque Santiago 2 apartments
Ah yes- presume the 'strip' then is the line of bars they call veronicas.. ?
Ah yes- presume the 'strip' then is the line of bars they call veronicas

Hi no the strip, is a row of bars located beneath the parque de la paz apts, they are very popular and it is a busy area.

Plus it has the fantastic soul suite. :lol:

Veronicas is just called veronicas.

The bars over the row from Veronicas, is known as starcos area.

I hope that helps you.
sun worshipper yes its most commonly known as the strip (veronicas that is!)
As far as I am aware the bars at Parque de la Paz is known as the "Strip" and if you give Veronicas its full title it is called " Veronicas strip" this is what may cause confusion. I know most folk just say "Veronicas" when referring to the bars along the front and "The Strip" when meaning the bars at Parque de La Paz.

As both wickedchris and Hairyhampster stay in the area please lets not get into an argument on this.
Thanks wickedchris and hairy hamster, I get it now -looking forward to getting back to these places next week!!! :)
As far as I am aware the bars at Parque de la Paz is known as the "Strip" and if you give Veronicas its full title it is called " Veronicas strip" this is what may cause confusion. I know most folk just say "Veronicas" when referring to the bars along the front and "The Strip" when meaning the bars at Parque de La Paz.

To be fair, the Veronicas has always been known as the strip..............it is just chance that many people have renamed parque de la paz as 'the strip'

Basically, it depends how old the person is you are talking to so you can work out which 'strip' they are talking about nowadays!!! :lol:
Now whatever do you mean by that VVV :)
vvv......... perfectly put !!
:wink:
Basically, it depends how old the person is you are talking to so you can work out which 'strip' they are talking about nowadays!!!

Well i'm only 40 :shock: and i've been going to las americas for over 10 years and i've only ever known the 'strip' as being the bars where the soul suite is.

I've always called veronicas, well 'veronicas' :lol:

And can i say i've only ever been to veronicas 1 night, it was ok, but i'd rather have starcos.

I bet the ice-cubes are massive in veronicas :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why don't we call it strip 1 and strip 2 :lol:
good idea barry !!!!
but which is 1 and which is 2 ???
:D
Well i'm only 40 and i've been going to las americas for over 10 years and i've only ever known the 'strip' as being the bars where the soul suite is.

long term residents have generally called it Parque de la Paz, and veronicas is reffered to as 'The Strip' :lol:
In fact over the past week I have been questioning all who I have bumped in to...................and this is what we all said
I would have referred to the Soul Suite, George and Dragon stretch of bars as Parque de la Paz and Veronicas as Veronicas
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.