Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
the south
11 Posts
Have a look at palmgroveresidencygoa.com or saodomingosgoa.com both are nice guesthouse/small hotels in Cavelossim
We have some reviews of Sao Domingos Guest House here

Hopefully that will be of some help for you.

Sarah
Just been to the South, Varca Beach is gorgeous. The Varca Palms Hotel is one to be avoided but in Cavelossim there seemed to be lots of places to stay, and many amenities without being too busy.
I've stayed at Bogmalo Beach Resort near the airport.
Fantastic hotel, steps down onto the beach which is very quiet.
Check it out on Google Earth. You can spot the hotel towards the southern end of the beach
We have just got back from Benaulim, and i would recommend it to anyone looking for a reasonably quiet resort, although it has all the facilities that you could want. We have never been to the north, but did travel to Cavelossim and didn't find it appealing to be honest. Palolem was again quite busy, but had a very laid back atmosphere, we got the local bus to Margao, and then caught the one to Canacona (nearest to palolem 1km ish) for the grand total of R23, a hut on the beach for the night cost around R500.
Please feel free to ask if you have any specific questions about Benaulim, we had a fantastic 2 weeks.
Sally
Hi
We have booked flights for Christmas and are now trying to find accommodation - we have found some rather expensive apartments in Benaulim (recommened by the lady that runs the Palm Grove Cottages) at Rs2600 a night for a 2bed and 1700 for a 1 bed. We have also had good prices for rooms in Colva at LaBen but having read the Rough Guide to Goa Colva doesn't sound too nice. Any comments?

Does anyone have any recommendations of other accommodation in Benaulim. Has anyone got an email for Tansy's Cottages as they read quite nice. We are travelling with a 9 and 3 year old so would prefer to book something before we turn up.

And which is the nicer of the two resorts?
Thanks
Kirstie
Hi kirstie! There is a thread on Colva to have a look at, on the Forum

email tansytouristcottages@yahoo.co.in

more later must dash
Hi Kirstie
We stayed at the Royal Palms, but that was on a package, and fairly expensive, we did pass Tansy's and it looked fine, for the amount of time you spend in a room. Its on the beach road, probably a gentle 5 minutes from the beach itself. We did venture into Colva once or twice whilst we were there, it didn't appeal to us too much, busy compared to Benaulim. We found it to be a popular place with Indian tourists, in fact when we walked along to the Monday night market there was quite a crowd, of which we were one of the few Europeans. I would recommend Benaulim, and if you want to Colva is about 20 minute walk along the beach, or 5 minutes on a scooter or local bus.
Hope this helps.
Sally
Hi again Kirstie!

I had a look at an apartment run by tansycottages at Christmas. It had two spacious bedrooms ,large living dining area with TV large kitchen with big fridge, basic but adequate bathroom , ceiling fans throughout but I didnt see any AC. The furnishings were in good condition if rather basic, and the price we were quoted was 1600rps per night.There was also a one bedroomed available, a large shared balcony went all around the building.
There is a terrace of one roomed cottages with separate kitchen, but I dont think these would be big enough for the four of you. There is a restaurant which was busy, and the owners were very helpful.
It is in a good position and a pleasant 10min walk to the beach.For more information on Benaulim and Colva please read the threads on both, and its up to you to decide,which suits you best
Hope this can help
Hi Lassigirl

Thanks for that info it's really useful - I've emailed the Tansy Cottages so just waiting for them to get back to me. Will read the threads on Colva and Benaulim as advised and will let you know what we decide!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.