Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
The Top 7
24 Posts
Hi Julian...
you must try "All Spice" at Apora....fantastic food and service..
Get there for about 6.30 to 7.00, it gets packed (sign of a good place to eat)..
Have fun... :cheers
Souymans Kitchen is a must. Fantastic restaurant. On a par with After 7.
Kim Faa in Baga is also excellent.
Midas touch :tup
kim faa :tup
plantum leaf :tup
little shack on side of road at parra :tup
over the flames is a def on calangute road towards candolim
Alfresco is nice in Apora
We ate in a little place right opposite the Elephant Shop and Guru Jewellers. Can't remember the name but the food was great (went there twice,it has green lights outside) We had garlic king fish cooked fresh 500rps feeds 2, served with rice,fries and salad :tup I personally wouldn't bother with the hassel of All Spice, a long wait for little reward in my opinion, I think as others have said it is now so busy they are compromising on quality. :que Souyemans Kitchen is a defo best fillet steak in town,on the candolim rd by after 7.
Being in Candolim means that you are a short taxi distance from many good restaurants from Candolim up to Anjuna. I couldn't give you just 7, but here are a few I would definitly not miss out on:

Sublime - Anjuna
Le Restaurant - Baga
All Spice - Arpora
Plantain Leaf - Calangute

I see a few people have recommended Kim Fa, maybe I went on an off night, but I wasn't impressed at all
I have studied everyones comments on places to eat in the Candolim area and have pick what seems to be the most talked about places.

Three of those on your list aren't even in Candolim. :think

Amigo's - is in Nerul
After 7 - is in Calangute
East Meets West - is in Baga.

Try Casa Manolita - up the lane at the side of Dona Alcina.
It's in a Portuguese style house at the back of Highland Beach, the tables are set out on the terrace facing the garden.
Nick and Anneto produce lovely simple food from a limited menu.
None of this pages and pages of different styles of cuisine - just clean, fresh, tasty food.
:tup
Thanks Max, was aware, just meant in that area...

Please keep other suggestions coming....... i can always have two meals a night. LOL :tongue

Julian
My faves are:
After 7 (fillet steak, generous portions)
Over the flames
Amigo's (I tried this for lunch, nice)
Florentines (for the chicken cafreal and fish curry)
Casa Manolita
Kebabs and Curries
I haven't been anywhere on the beach side for ages.. But All spice used to be my favourite restuarant... I tend to eat in Mapusa now though and I have found a corker - myself and volunteers always go there for meals on birthdays etc, but I'm not going to tell you which one as they'll go and put the prices up if I say! :rofl

The food is really cheap (for the amount you get), really good and spot on every time!

It can take a while sometimes (although we do usually go in groups of 10+ each time we go...

In Calangute I think that Big Banana's Steak Burger and chips is great for 100 Rs/- - Good meal really tasty...
Where is Electric Cat? Is it the normal run of the mill food and what are the prices like please? :D
Electric Cat is on the Baga road just bfore the Cavala Beach Resort and the new road to the bridge. Serves Indian food and cheese and garlic naan to die for.

For great food and people watching try the Asia by Calangute beach steps, try to get the table in the corner overlooking the beach. :)
More places to add to my list thanks, dont know how I will get round them all :que
I think that the Mango Grove is great for a drink, but I have never had a great meal there. Try Fishermans Cove across the road.
After 7 not as good as it used to be, and my OH was very ill for 2 days after going there but cant be 100% if the restaurant was the problem( simply because we have 3 meals a day)
Inferno in Candolim is overated the service terrible and food average..
I do recommend Over The Flames in Calangute though..

Steve
I do recommend Over The Flames in Calangute though..

We tend to avoid places like this - because we don't like to be dining at the edge of the main road.
I'm not that fond of having dust and deisel fumes with my food - and the constant blaring of car, bus, truck and scooter horns does my head in. :cry
Got to agree with SevieH that after 7 has gone downhill, and Infernos sevice leaves a lot to be desired. We ate there twice, one meal good, one bad.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.