UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Thank you so much Rosalyn for giving us feed back on your American visitors! It's good to know that members were able to help you, and that gives us encouragement to continue doing so. So often we reply or prepare factual information and never hear any more! It's a great pat on the back all round! Thanks!
I agree about Yanks, they think they are so far ahead of everyone else and yet in many ways are quite backward and conservative (look at their cars)! Did they have any problems using their credit cards? many places in the UK now no longer can swipe cards and chip and pin does not exist in the USA! I heard that only 10% of Yanks possess a passport!
The few times they used their card with us they were able to sign - I guess they were lucky. They had brought American Express cards with them as well, but we told them that very few places accept Amex so they never tried. They went to Paris from Manchester but haven't heard from them yet, so don't know how they managed with the credit card over there. I understand the number of Americans who do not possess a passport is around 75% of the nation - I suppose a country which is as large as the USA with many different weather zones will suffice for people who don't like to travel beyond its borders. They are very reluctant to leave the country, to the point of being insular. Anyone who has ever been and watched the tv will tell you that there is no news other than American news. Nowhere else really exists!!!

Rosalyn
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.