Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
not recommended.. they are in captivity... best to sea than in their natural setting on a boat trip.

There is a thread on it..... someone will find it.

But you won't be bored in Sharm.....
hi madstaffyblonde...

with regards to the swimming with the dolphins there is a long thread about it here

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=23584

there is currently a petition to close this place down and others like it that might be set up in sharm.

unfortunatly the dolphins aren't that well looked after here, which can be backed up by readinbg this report from the marine connection....

http://www.marineconnection.org/news/general/dolphinella_concern_grows_for_dolphins.htm

if your daughter is really that keen on going there, read up on it first to see just what to expect. some people have been and have regretted going afterwards.

have a great holiday...it is a fantastic place. medot.xx
I rode with the horses and wished i hadnt, it crippled my back and the guys that take you, all they want to do is race. In the brochure it states a leisurely stroll along the sea. Well all i can say is, you go around in a circle for an hour. It is fun maybe for experienced horse back riders, but for novices , little experience it was my worst nightmare.

The guys are very forceful and dont like it when you dont join in the race, i was very frightened and felt sick, they are very high, and twice i nearly fell off. They hold the reighs to start off with, then you are on your own.

This ranch is the same place you do the quad biling, again going around in circles! A rip off unless you love horses and are at least a little experienced.
after reading the thread about the dolphins we have decided there is no way that we can go there, my daughter would be terribly upset if the conditions are that bad. also with regards to the horse riding, my children and husband have only ride horses in Turkey, that was bad enough cause one atually threw me off, lucky for me i landed in water but my children were quite frightened watching it happen and the instructor just laughed. I have read about the quading and am told that under 16's are not allowed are there any 2 seater buggys that we can go on.

thanks for letting me know about the dolphins and we will be signing the pertition. are there any trips where we can go on the sea with the dolphins. (long as the boat ride is not to long)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.