Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Joe cons in Benaulim is a great restaurant Johncy's shack on the beach is excellant. Also have a look on the thread Things To Do In South Goa (its a couple up at the moment)
p.s. Benaulim is a lovely village and a great base for a fantastic holiday :)
p.p.s. Arltogoa wrote a great report when she came back I'm sure Fiona could provide the link for it, please Fiona :wink:
I'll be at the Royal Palms in Benaulim in February too - 3rd to 24th Feb - seven are going togetherl.

I've always been to the North in the past, but I did spend a week at the Royal Palms in November. I was little concerned at staying in a less familiar area and had the impression that I'd feel a little isolated in the South compared to the North with everything on the doorstep. My slight fears were totally unfounded, within a day or so I had explored enough to find just about everything I could need.

After my week in Benaulim in November I went for my second week near Baga. When I got to the North it all seemed much more crowded, busy and hassily compared with the comparative calm of the South, it took a day or so to get used to it. I now love both the North and the South, both have their merits and downsides on the other. I would never say one is totally better than the other.

If you have any specific questions on Benaulim or the Royal Palms just let me know.

Geoff
Thank you for your helpful replies. I tend to be a bit of a control freak, like to plan for things way in advance, but having read some of the first timers reports on here I'm beginning to get the impression that it better to "go with the flow" a little more. However since you will be at the same hotel, at the same time, as us Geoff I may, if it is no bother, seek out your expert advice, i'm sure we will bump into each other at some point.
You'll recognise us, i'll be the manic English woman with the chilled out Irish husband trailing behind :lol:
Have a fantastic holiday.
Sally
Hi Pompeymiss, I know you will have a fab time, I'm a bit of an organised person too, but it does all go out the window when you get to Goa, I'd say to take the first couple of days getting used to the climate. Do make sure you get out and about though as it's so easy to lay by the pool or on the beach for the whole holiday. Have a wonderful holiday.

regards Arl
benaulim for Kirstie L
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.