America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
The problem with comparing pools in Vegas, is that after you've used the MGM facilities, anything else just doesn't seem as good. Certainly neither of the NYNY or Excalibur gets even close, Luxor was probably 2nd best.

I must admit to never trying out the higher end properties but we did catch a glimpse of the Bellagio. Very nice, but still thought the MGM looked better.

For the prices the MGM were coming out last year, I think that will always be my first port of call when looking for a hotel in LV.
There are 2 pools at PH, but we've only seen one of them open at a time.

They are pretty boring square things, but there is lots of sunbathing area. The snack bar was closed last time we were there as they were still carrying out the remodelling, but there was a bar where frozen cocktails were $8. Can't remember what the beer was, it may be in my hotel review from May last year.

luci :wave
jwhiting - yup, agree, MGM's pool areas are fantastic, never too crowded and there's the lazy river too.

Bellagio was superb as well, there are 6 pools in all at Bellagio.

Flamingo is nice but gets VERY crowded

Mirage is nice to look at but you're crammed in with NO space between sunbeds so you have to lay about 12 inches away from a stranger....not nice! :rofl

Monte Carlo wasn't bad
Orleans is great as well, not very picturesque but loads of room
Golden Nugget used to be very good before they nicked a load of the pool area to turn into the poker room!
Signature is fantastic - the most comfortable sunbeds, awesome poolside service and dead quiet.

TC
Ok - that's me booked, so I will tell you the plan so far!!!

Depart Glasgow Sat 6th September. Plan to book Orleans for the first 6 nights. ($460 on their website) this means I can cancel or call for rate change if a better offer comes up. Really want to stay at Orleans though.

Will probably get a car, for 2 sets of 2 nights. ie 2 nights on 7-8th, and then 11-12 I think. So we will have it when we move hotels, and then we would like to go to San Francisco on the 9th - just for the day.

Included in my package is 2 nights at Platinum - total £1203 for flights + hotel. This was good as flights are £1089 for two of us. So we go the platinum for £57 per night - and it's a friday and saturday, so pleased with that.

Then we will go somewhere else for the last 5 nights, departing on 19th September. Thoughts are north strip - Venetian, TI, or even Palazzo or Wynn if a good deal came up. These nights are sunday to friday morning - so should be easier to get these on a special. I need to book Orleans just now though as we have a saturday arrival, and this may not be so easy to achieve!
Glad you're all sorted Lesley and it sounds good so far, but is this in the wrong topic? ;) :rofl

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.