Other Destinations Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in other destinations. Inc Brazil, Australia, New Zealand.
it is handy- Thomas cook has had this for a while.
Just found out that airtours are doing trips to brazil, but in a different resort to thomsons and are featuring trips to rio as it looks a closer resort to rio.

Tried to get on airtours web site for more information but cant get on at the moment.

Also not featuring xmas dates like thomsons. :lol: :)
keep us posted on what you decide!
Hi Fiona,

Its already decided its definatly xmas time with thomson's :lol: as due to buying property in spain the wife and i are cutting down to one holiday a year and to be honest i always enjoy going away at xmas time as it seems to shorten the winter to my way of thinking :roll:.

But saying that as the weather was that bad last year in the uk i did try and get a last minute deal but due to work etc we managed to get a four day break in majorca which turned out to be very nice and a lot better than i thought it would be.

Having looked at airtours in depth thier resort does look better and a bit nearer to rio, but unfortunately no xmas dates and wonder if thats due to flight availability? 8)
seriously, hve you thought about just doing DIY to Rio? Sounds like you aren't too bothered about the resorts. Not sure what you have been looking at price wise for your package but you might find DIY cheaper.
Hi Fiona,

To be honest im too lazy and i know the better half wouldent even entertain the idea of going independant as regarding resorts im not too sure if this will be ok for me as looking in different guide books etc there doesant seem much going on in the way of history, buildings, to see but theres only one way to find out and thats going there. 8)

life too short to worry and will make the best of it aslong as theres a decent beach and a few drinks. :roll: 8)
OK
one final suggestion
why not ask a company to taylor make a package for you? We have had great quotes from BA holidays and Kuoni in the past. In BA's case they beat the same holiday in another brochure by £1000!
Thats a great idea fiona as the sister in law works for british airways, im getting to excited as the rolling stones look to announce another world tour <showing my age :oops: > and not thinking too good. :roll:
Seen a press clipping yesterday where a guy in brazil was fined £40 for vomiting in a public house's toilets. :oops: :roll:

I better watch my drinking then. :P
My mate wants me to have a look at helicopter services from natal to rio and back :roll: must admit not having much joy thou! :wlink :rofl
Just had a e-mail from thomsons featuring new destinations and brazil is featured with a review from a tourist in which he says,

My first impression of Natal city was that it was bigger than i expected and had charming town squares,theartes and churches and quite a bit of portuguese colonial architecture. The beaches are fabulous,the people friendly.When eating out there are lots of great meat and seafood restuarants in ponta negra and many of them employ the 'flag system' whereby you have a red and green flag next to your plate - leave it green and the food keeps coming with a different flavour or sauce each time, until you change it to red. A delicious all-you-can-eat meal for about a fiver before heading to one of the numerous bars or clubs. :lol:

I must admit its cheered me up a bit as we was going to go back to india, but the thought of trying a new place tilted it for me. :roll:
sounds good! I have been waiting to see some reviews on the area! Sounds a little like goa!
That would be nice if it was, you can gain some more information on http://www.yourrealholidays.co.uk im not sure if this is part of the thomsons group or not.

Its certaintly whetted my apertite espiecally the sound of the cocktails. :lol: :D :) :hyper
Another usefull site is http://www.brazil.org.uk as i think its the brazillian/british embassy site for the uk and there is a lot of information on there and even got the web adress for the hotel were staying in.

Lovely jubbly 8)
Also featured on thomson's far away web site are the trips from natal and as feared the trip to rio are coming out at £704 each for a two day trip.

Decisions, decisions. :shrug :rofl
wow! :shock: thats expensive for a trip to rio!!!! i bet you can do it cheaper yourself!
Have done a bit of research and could get something similar for around £500 each but without the trips and lesser star hotel which wouldent bother me to be honest. :lol:
thats not too bad hten! better sometimes doin it yourself than being stuck to a tour operator! And I suppose travcelling al that way to Natal, you cant really not go to Rio! Once in a lifetime!
It wouldent normally be a problem but it coincides with us taking possesion of our new property in spain and last years holiday in kerala was supposed to be our last big holiday for a couple of years but couldent resist the thought of trying a new place etc.

But as you say it would be a shame to miss out going to rio. :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.