Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Denham,

I booked my package hols last Jan and last month received three letters, one saying that i have to supply photo copies of the passports to give to the Hotel on arrival (they will not accept the original passports, only photo copies!) and another letter saying that the plane had been changed and a week later received another to say that all complimentory drinks would be free on the plane. :cheers
Hi denham

You may also want to ask in the dedicated flights forum where there are several people that could maybe give more info http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=59696
Denham , I am surprised people are not finding out until they get their tickets. We were made aware of this when we were looking to book our holiday in August/Sept. Thomas cook and Direct both had a link to terms and conditions next to the flights on their webiste when you searched for the holiday. When you clicked onto the link it advised of the change of plane and the free bar. This led to us all booking our hol with Thomson, as we couldnt travel again that far with 29" leg room and no seat back entertainment. I have heard that thomas Cook were notifying people who had already booked before September straight away. so I bet people who had already booked were well miffed.
After that anyone booking should have been aware of the change.
Have to be honest I fear for the future of Goa as far as us Brits goes.

Tour operators are reducing flights or reducing the facilities on the flights eg leg room IFE etc which makes it less likely for us to book with them.

Nothing but bad news for the economy seems to make it less likely that things will improve.

Qatar have stepped in but can they fill the void?

To me it looks like the forum is so much quieter than other years so are we seeing the demise of Goa for us Brits?

Am I just talking complete B******s?

Papa
Papa, I have dropped into this forum many times over the last few years when considering Goa, and i must admit I too thought that about the forum.

I thought it might be down to the fact that the season hadnt really started yet, and it might pick up once the season kicks off. any thoughts ?
Papa, you could be spot on here, We're off in a fortnight for three weeks flying with Qatar (£650,00), at that price anyone going for just two or three weeks wont find it much of a bargain. Qatar is fine if you are a long stayer but for a two or three week break, at that price Goa can turn out to be anything but a bargain when the visa add ons, accomodation, transfers and what not are factored in. You only need to go back three years or so and look how this forum was buzzing and compare it till now. Certainly package wise I fear that Goa is going to figure less and less in the major players plans, and for anyone who is on a budget Qatar wont be much help.
Alan
With regards to Thomas Cook issuing free drinks. Don't be under any illusions that this offer will be for the full length of the flight (10 hours), most people who have had this offer on other destination flights have said that it only lasted for one drink. They were then told that they had run out of drinks so I would imagine that the same will apply on the Goa flights.
Hi all thanks for your replies.Hi goamad,have recieved one letter fro thomas cook to tell us to take a photocopy of our passport but that is the only one we have had.Hi suo,booked holiday early january we are flying 27th december and have no information from thomas cook about changes to plane or free bar on plane,suppose we will find out when we get our tickets.All this along with the cabin crews threat to strike before xmas might not be going anyway if they strike.Same as everyone has been saying its even quieter on here than last year probably alot of people are holidaying elsewhere.Thanks again for all your replies, Denham :tup
-Gramps, I agree with you about the cost. We have wanted to go to Goa for many years, and a good friend of ours who had been going for years - recently passed away.
We thought we would at last give it a go this year, built on all her great advice.
However it has worked out very expensive so far to go over the xmas break and unless we absolutely fall in love with it, I dont think we could afford to go again at this time of year. I dont know whether its just the economic climate in general, or the cost of the flights is pricing it out. Even with the cheap cost of living there, tourism just seems to be dropping off this year. Our friends said it wasnt as busy as usual last xmas.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.