Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I'd keep the letter simple and straightforward. Use bullet points ie

I'm writing to complain about the service I received from your company.

1) On ***** I booked a holiday with for X amount of people in a Family room to the hotel ***

2) On **** I received a letter from you ref ***** stating blah de blah

Follow on with a step by step sequence of events but keep to the point. Then pass this onto your Travel agent who will read through it with you and can add their bit.
Thats disgusting. Do as Glynis says, keep it simple and run it buy your travel agent before you send it off. Date and keep copies of everything, I would also send letters with proof of posting or recorded. I wouldn't email, they so easily get ignored or deleted.

I was worried about this happening to me this year as I knew I had an excellent deal to the hotel I was going to in Turkey with Airtours (subsequently taken over by Thomas Cook). I know that they were selling my holiday for about 1.5K more by the time I was due to travel and it did cross my mind that they might 'bump me' in some way. Fortunately all was well.

I like to think I would have made a fight of it like you did, but I booked over the phone and I might have had a struggle without a travel agent behind me.

What worries me is there doesn't seem to be any safeguards for the customer who books early to get the good deal, when the letter comes through to say 'overbooking' has happened, it's their word against yours and they are fulfilling their contract by offering either an alternative or a refund.

Please let us know how you get on with this. It will be interesting to hear what they come up with.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.